Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Register.com Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

Who-Wiz

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not, you don't get e-mail features for free with Register.com unless you bought your domain prior to Dec. 13, 2001. If you did, you get a free 5 MB web mail account. That's about it.

No catch-all aliasing support as far as I know.

Register had it all over Network Solutions and set the bar for everyone coming after. Trouble is, companies don't seem to reposition themselves very much after getting settled in the market.

It's dissappointing. I remember when I had to call them up because one of their DNS servers was acting up on my domain. The guy was very helpful, but after a bit, he started sounding like the fact that the feature was there at all was a luxury I should be happy just to have (never mind have it work properly).

~ D.

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Register.com is by far the worst registrar (that I've come accross), When it comes to domain services......
Now that I think of it.....
...It is by far the worst

Who-Wiz

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nic
Register.com is by far the worst registrar (that I've come accross), When it comes to domain services......
Now that I think of it.....
...It is by far the worst

Um, NetSol?

~ D.

Lazycash

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Who-Wiz

Um, NetSol?

~ D.

Nope, Register.com even beats them out for the worst. A recent poll by vividence.com surveyed 10,000 webmasters regarding registrars and register.com came in as the worst with NS a distant second. I'll try and find a url for the survey results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom