Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Saturday Musings – Winning Is Important

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkLogic

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2e1ax_default_frontpage_20140315_elisejpg.jpg

I’m a firm believer that you need to enjoy life to the fullest. I watched my daughter play netball today (sort of like basketball without bouncing) and her team got absolutely killed. It’s very easy to say to her that winning isn’t everything and that playing is what’s important. I actually think that this is wrong.

I know that this may be controversial but winning is actually important and it’s right up there alongside enjoyment. If winning isn’t important then why do we keep score? Should the kids just go out there and throw a ball around, have a chat, laugh and that’s it? Not a chance…they would soon get really bored. The problem with many children is that they've been pandered to so much that they've forgotten how to stretch themselves and do better.

Striving to do better is all about being able to measure how you did yesterday and how you are doing today. I want my daughter to think about how she played and how she can improve next week. I don’t want her to become obsessed with winning…there needs to be a balance. To say winning isn’t important misses the whole point of the human condition.

Over the years, whenever I asked my children how they did on a test at school I would always say that the marks they lost are more important than the marks then gained. The marks you lose are those where you can learn…..the marks you gained are things you already know. If life is all about learning then pay attention to your failures and make sure you never have to repeat a lesson.

In my own portfolio of domains I religiously register a useless domain every year. Why you may ask? It reminds me to ask the question, “Where does the traffic come from?” I lost money on this domain and I’ve turned the experience into a $9 training course. It’s the best money I ever spend each year.

So make sure that you think about your wins and losses and do your best to learn from them both. Right now I need to have a chat with my daughter about what she learned from her game today. Have a great weekend!

BTW – don’t forget the two upcoming webinars this week

Europe Traffic optimisation – I’ve run this one a heap of times and this is the first one in the European time zone.

Building an online business – this is a new webinar that will take you through how to develop a business model and cashflow for you online business.

Read More

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators