Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Sedo: Buyer paid for the domain BUT...

Fetu23

Reaction score
Hey. Please sorry for my english, its not my main language.
I recently sold a ccTLD domain name over at Sedo.
I have had previous experiences, not many, when the buyer just doesnt pay for the domain and then Sedo cancels the transaction. That is why I dont get “excited” about a sale before the buyer pays for the domain, that is when I basically say its done.
Now, as I said, I had a domain over with a minum price (offer) and we went back and forth with the buyer about the price. Good sign. Then, I accepted his final offer. He paid for the domain. Of course I felt this was all set and done. Now, its been two weeks since he paid Sedo for the domain (sent them the money) but he hasnt instruct me or contacted Sedo in order to complete the domain transfer.
Sedo posted over there (negotiation thread at Sedo’s website) that they would have to cancel the negotiation if the buyer doesnt reply with the instruction to whom to transfer the domain to. I emailed the Sedo intermediary privately asking him not to cancel the transaction since I felt it went all smooth, from negotiating the price, to the buyer paying for the domain. Like, the money is there.
Has it ever happened before to any of you? What should I do about it?
Regards.

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds strange.. I thought Sedo used concierge service. Meaning that you should push it to Sedo and they would push to buyer? I had a few of those where the buyer never accepted the domain, but I got paid anyways.

If you have buyers contact information, you can try and track an email sent from Gmail using mailtrack.io. If it is not opened maybe he died or is away. If he opens it then he is probably a dead beat buyer that wants to reverse the deal.

AnaM

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
As long as he paid Sedo, I think you should be good. Maybe he is just busy and bought the domain just to be sure that he'll get it and went to focus on other things. I think you can wait for 1 month and if he will not reply then you can cancel the transaction.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Strange, maybe they can reach out to the buyer and see what happened? If the money is there, why would they not have you push it to them and send you the funds, and then deal with the buyer from their end?

Fetu23

Reaction score
That would be common sense, plus they (Sedo) get their money if they were getting the domain from me and then wait for the buyer to give them the instructions. Looks like the have no intentions to do so. It would be a smart business though.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom