Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Sedo changed my ads now CTR is way down

Status
Not open for further replies.

KwelX

The Godfather
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why would Sedo change my ads?

I have a keyword "Tales of Symphonia" that displayed 4 or 5 ads with the title of "Tales of Symphonia". My CTR is usually 12-15%.

I noticed my CTR way down (yesterday 2%) and noticed all the ads displayed were changed and showed the title "Tales of Destiny". What's the deal?

I can change the keyword to "Tales Symphonia" and get 2 out of the 5 ads displayed to show Tales of Symphonia as the title but the rest show Tales of Destiny.

I am very disappointed that this happed. I hope I don't have to manually check all 155+ of my domains parked at Sedo everyday to see if the ads change.

Philippe

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would appreciate sedo comments on this as well.. hasn't happened to me yet but I'd like to see a justification, don't want the same to happen to me..

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello from Sedo,

We do not change the advertising links.
Our advertising partner supplies the advertising links.
The links are chosen based on the keyword that you enter.
These may be changed if you request our keyword optimization service.
To change the keyword, just enter a new one using the keyword optimization tool in your parking menu.
Please note that links change as advertisers change - this is largely due to fluctuating advertising bids.

Kind Regards,

Nora Cotter
Key Account Manager

SEDO.COM :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites

tel +49 (221)-420-758-287 :: fax +49 (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: url: www.sedo.com

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
KwelX did you requested the keyword optimization service?

KwelX

The Godfather
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think that you are understanding my point here.

I had selected a Keyword of "Tales of Symphoinia" for my domain under the optimization tab. I have been using this keyword for several months now. The Keyword "Tales of Symphonia" displayed 4 and sometimes 5 ads with a title of "Tales of Symphonia" in the ad.

I then noticed my CTR drop from the normal 12-15% to 2%. So I went to my domain only to find ""Tales of Destiny" displayed in ALL of the ads.

I did NOT change any optimization or Keywords. My Keyword was still "Tales of Symphonia" like it has been for months.

I have now changed the Keyword to "Tales Symphonia" but I'm only getting 2 ads with the title of "Tales of Symphonia". A far cry from the normal 4 or 5.

I know there is a game out called Tales of Destiny. Does Sedo change the "weight" of Keywords therefore changing ads? For example if Sedo suddenly changed the Keywords "Tales of" to display ads for "Tales of Destiny"?

"Please note that links change as advertisers change - this is largely due to fluctuating advertising bids."

Please explain this in more detail. Could this be a case of higher paying bid has overtaken a more descript lower paying ad?

Thanks.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If your keyword hasn't changed then sedo has no control over the ads.

If an advertiser is paying to diplay an ad for "doors" when a user searches for "horse" then you can't do anything.

KwelX

The Godfather
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see what your saying but that doesn't seem right. Sedo should have the final say in what ads are displayed for the keywords.

Obviously, WE nor Sedo want ads for "doors" when the Keyword is "horse".

This seems like a major flaw in the system.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It doesn't seem right but the PCC providers have the final say.
And they depend on the advertisers to select the right keyword for their ads.
If they don't choose the right keywords that they will just lose their money.

111media

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This really seems like a non-issue here. We do the best we can to provide relevant keywords and advertisers will select the keywords they want to use to sell their products. After all, the money we make is from their advertising dollars and they should be able to spend those dollars how they wish. We are at the mercy of a free market and rightly so IMHO.

KwelX

The Godfather
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My biggest issue here is the fact that the ads changed. I had very targeted ads with an OK CTR. Now I have few targeted ads with a low CTR.

Maybe if you guys had decent earnings off one domain then watched your CTR drop due to your ads changing then you would see where I'm coming from.

skylight

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this actually happens to me a few times.

there was once i check the revenue and saw a great drop in several domains, then i realise the keyword has change.

since then i have been checking every domain every month to make sure the keyword is not change. occassionally the keyword of some domains change with no apparent reason and i didnt ask for optimisation. This is tedious.

missedcall

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...Ads are changing so DO not try to always find ads for the same keyword..

....OPT is not only on keyword but on region of traffic also.

just 2 help :

host your domain to a webserver and fw via frames to sedo...check stats and notice WHERE from most users are coming (country) ...if there are search engines keywords notice them also

NOW on opt page when clicking the "explore buttom" to show you the ads will be displayed with your keyword DO a right click and copy the url..put it up on your browser and click ENTER ...you will see on the url a variable: testip=x.x.x.x

Lets say from your webserver stats you see most traffic from russia...if u r in US then you are seeying different ADS from other regions based on your IP ...so if most traffic comes from russia EVEN if you see ads on your park pages MOST users visiting your domain WANT ... so u have to find a russian IP and put it on the testip variable
change manualy your keywords on URL until you see enough reasults...of course keywords must always be related to your domain/traffic

This may solve your problems especialy for non us traffic ...is better once a month do this procedure for domains with good traffic....MOST of my domains had 5-6% clickthrough cause are NOT US traffic dn ...after my OPT I have 30+ % click through rates

KwelX

The Godfather
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pointer MISSEDcall.com. I didn't realize that the ads were also Region specific. I'll have to spend some time going through my domains again and see if I can optimize them more.

foxnet

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello from Sedo,

We do not change the advertising links.
Our advertising partner supplies the advertising links.
The links are chosen based on the keyword that you enter.
These may be changed if you request our keyword optimization service.
To change the keyword, just enter a new one using the keyword optimization tool in your parking menu.
Please note that links change as advertisers change - this is largely due to fluctuating advertising bids.

Kind Regards,

Nora Cotter
Key Account Manager

SEDO.COM :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites

this should be self-explainatory! from the mouth-piece of SEDO :wink:

:santa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom