Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Sedo Dropping Minimum Fee on Fixed Price Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just recieved this email:

If there is something we know about here at Sedo, it’s how to sell domains. And we’ve found that few things help sell your domains faster than parking them with Sedo and listing them at a fixed price. That’s why we’re excited to announce a new “No Minimum Commission” offer starting October 21, 2009. To take advantage of this promotion, Sedo will waive the $50 minimum commission for qualifying domains that follow the above sales tips. Please review these specific requirements for more information as our previous promotion expires October 20, 2009.

While parking your domains is a proven way to increase sales velocity in your domain portfolio, Sedo's latest research shows that a combination of parking and applying fixed price tags to your domains will see the greatest drop in the time it takes to find a buyer. In fact, parked and fixed price domains, especially in the $200 to $1,000 price range, sell three to six times faster than "make offer" listings because many end-users prefer a quick purchase over an extended negotiation!

Setting fixed prices will not only help you sell faster, but coming in 2010 you’ll have the opportunity to expand your domains' reach through SedoMLS, our new multi listing service sales channel for registrars. For the first time, fixed price domains listed with SedoMLS will be eligible for instant purchase and transfer through our large network of registrar partners.

Price and Park your domains - Get started by trying the Price Suggestion Tool now!

But picking a price can often be hard (and even arbitrary) so we’re working to help even the biggest domain owners find a reliable price to set for their domains by recently launching the industry's first automated Price Suggestion Tool that allows sellers to appraise their domains in bulk, completely free of charge!

Important to note the qualifiers here From Sedo's FAQ section:

Beginning October 21, 2009 a new promotion will replace the offer above. The minimum commission fee for domains with the above extensions may be waived if the domain is both verifiably parked with Sedo and sold for a fixed price.

RASHID007

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have several .ca domains and I am new to the domain buying/selling business. They have been parked on Sedo.com for several weeks.

I got the same email and read the FAQ but can't figure out whether the promo applies to .ca extensions which are usually $100 fee.

And so I understand, in the past the $100 fee applies to all my .ca sales so if I sell one for $60 I owe them $100 so I'm negative $40?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Minimum commission fee is 50 USD:

.com / .net / .org / .co.uk / .org.uk / .me.uk / .info / .biz / .us / .tv / .li / .be / .st / .dk / .de / .at / .ch / .name / .ws / .mx / .in / .cc / .to / .eu / .mobi / .nl / .es / .tel

Important: The minimum commission fee for domains with the above extensions may be waived if the domain is verifiably parked with Sedo for at least 32 days prior to a sale. This waiver applies to most countries. The minimum commission for .tel domains cannot be waived (.tel domains cannot be parked).

Beginning October 21, 2009 a new promotion will replace the offer above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom