Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Sedo Help Needed - Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just got an email from Sedo stating that they are going to delete a huge lot of domains from my control panel, the reason being that supposedly they don't have the proper DNS settings.

Sedo does not answer my emails. Can someone from SEDO here help me asap. Most of my domains do have the proper DNS settings, and if they are deleted from my control panel, I will lose years worth of parking stats. I CANNOT have these domains deleted from my control panel.

I have until June 3.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
download the stats now, then you still have them if sedo cancel the domains

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In the process of doing that now, however it's hundreds of domains, and will take hours. Has ruined my work day, and wish they would have given me more than a five day notice to work this into my schedule

After looking at the list again, it would appear they are deleting every single IDN from my account, despite all of them being parked at Sedo, and having received traffic and clicks this month.

Am I no longer allowed to park IDN at Sedo? All are generics, no TMs or typos.

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You are correct, I received the same email (had 2 domains in it LOL) One domain was still in my account although I let it drop a long time ago and the other was my only IDN :D There must be a glitch in the way they determine DNS.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sucks, because all of these domains earn income every month, including this month. I have roughly 3 years worth of stored stats for them all, if they delete them it will cause a nightmare of a situation for me with regards to record keeping.

Sigh... just wish they would answer emails. Will try to call them.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hmm, an urgent call for help from Sedo?

It appears you are correct in the IDN claim.

Just looked at my list.

ALL IDN's are on it.

I have a total of 409 domains on the list.

Unquestionably the majority of all those in any extension are already pointed to Sedo. Many I will have to check.

Sedo needs to get a grip.

They are getting ready to dump a ton of names that are in their service.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Doc, thank you for beta-testing this new feature. You are Honorary Employee of the month :D

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hmm, an urgent call for help from Sedo?

It appears you are correct in the IDN claim.

Just looked at my list.

ALL IDN's are on it.

I have a total of 409 domains on the list.

Unquestionably the majority of all those in any extension are already pointed to Sedo. Many I will have to check.

Sedo needs to get a grip.

They are getting ready to dump a ton of names that are in their service.

Hey doc, so they are also going to delete 409 domains of yours? I have about 200+ scheduled for deletion on June 5, all are earning income every month, including this month.

I work like 14 hours a day, don't have time for Sedo's shenanigans. Dissapointing that I have to stress out about PPC earners getting deleted. They just can't leave well enough alone.

Last edited:

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just got an email from Sedo stating that they are going to delete a huge lot of domains from my control panel, the reason being that supposedly they don't have the proper DNS settings.

Sedo does not answer my emails. Can someone from SEDO here help me asap. Most of my domains do have the proper DNS settings, and if they are deleted from my control panel, I will lose years worth of parking stats. I CANNOT have these domains deleted from my control panel.

I have until June 3.

Seraphim - I just sent you a PM.

Hello everyone,

In an effort to clear likely unregistered domains from our database, Sedo completes a monthly Account Maintenance Check which detects inactive domains based on a series of domain name server (DNS) tests. Although domains can be registered and Whois records can be created, those without active name server entries cannot be used; they cannot be recognized by internet browsers, cannot host email, and cannot benefit from services such as domain parking.

Each month, a series of checks are completed, followed by warning emails to members indicating domains that are up for removal. Shortly after, a final check is run. Any domain that does not pass all of Sedo’s DNS checks will be cleared from the database. Members are notified if any of their listed domains are removed.

To avoid the deletion of domain names from your Sedo account, please make sure that they have been updated with active DNS records through your registrar account.

If you have received one of these emails and feel there is an error please contact our Customer Care Team at support.sedo.com.

I will take a look into the IDN issue that you have brought up in this post.

Thanks,

Lisa

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Hello everyone,

In an effort to clear likely unregistered domains from our database, Sedo completes a monthly Account Maintenance Check which detects inactive domains based on a series of domain name server (DNS) tests. Although domains can be registered and Whois records can be created, those without active name server entries cannot be used; they cannot be recognized by internet browsers, cannot host email, and cannot benefit from services such as domain parking.

Each month, a series of checks are completed, followed by warning emails to members indicating domains that are up for removal. Shortly after, a final check is run. Any domain that does not pass all of Sedo’s DNS checks will be cleared from the database. Members are notified if any of their listed domains are removed.

To avoid the deletion of domain names from your Sedo account, please make sure that they have been updated with active DNS records through your registrar account.

If you have received one of these emails and feel there is an error please contact our Customer Care Team at support.sedo.com.

Thanks,

Lisa

Lisa,

All of the domains you are attempting to delete from my control panel are live and receiving traffic and income this month. So what should I do, manually check 200+ domains to see if every single one of them is still live, depsite them earning income through Sedo this month. We are talking hours upon hours of work here, and I don't have time to do this.

Can you simply not delete any domains from my account please, as they are all live? I do my own account maintaince regularly, and delete domains that I sell or no longer own. I can handle this task from my end.

I can't simply hope your DNS tracker notices my domains. I need a firm answer these domains will not be deleted, or I will stop doing business with Sedo from here on out.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Hello everyone,

I will take a look into the IDN issue that you have brought up in this post.

Thanks,

Lisa

EDIT:
What is up with the Sedo policy that domains DO NOT HAVE TO BE PARKED WITH SEDO to be listed for sale on Sedo?

Last edited:

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What is up with the Sedo policy that domains DO NOT HAVE TO BE PARKED to be listed for sale on Sedo?

What's worse, is a pop culture type of domain that receives zero traffic one month, but traffic another month, will be deleted from Sedo. It gets that little red mark next to it indicating that they cannot confirm that it's pointed to Sedo, depsite the fact it is. Someone has to visit the domain, or Sedo doesn't want it there apparently.

They should not allow unconfirmed domains to be in the marketplace, but leave the parked domains alone. It seems these two services are having a serious conflict of interest, and they will lose business over it in the long run. The whole benefit of parking a domain is that it's "easy". It shouldn't be a full time job of stress and hassle to keep a domain parked at Sedo.

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It definitely makes little sense.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It definitely makes little sense.
Not to mention the mention of Sedo does this every month. :coughbullshitcough:

Again, what happened to the DNS servers pointed to other parking companies?

Or websites. I have active websites. Most are not listed for sale. But a few are. They are listed on sedo.

Is there another way of listing domains on sedo that are not parked at sedo? that does not CHARGE for a premium or featured listing?

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the way I read it, they were purging domains that have no domain name servers set at all. That would be the only thing that would make sense, although one could have domains listed for sale that were not hosted or parked anywhere, but why?

I think the IDN thing is an issue where they have a bad query to the whois data at some of the registries and are assuming that no DNS are set up?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the IDN thing is an issue where they have a bad query to the whois data at some of the registries and are assuming that no DNS are set up?
Anyone's guess.

My IDN's are at Moniker or GoDaddy. DNS servers were pointed to Sedo.

However, Sedo does not permit the sale of some of these, especially the Chinese, Japanese, and Arabic characters. My guess is that no one on Sedo can interpret the domains.

Hmm, odd. Do you think Sedo will keep this policy when IDN's are released later this fall?

I say money to be made will sway them to accept them with open arms along with the ability to list them for sale.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the way I read it, they were purging domains that have no domain name servers set at all.
That's it. Yesterday I discovered that for some reason I had one name with no NS.

However, Sedo does not permit the sale of some of these, especially the Chinese, Japanese, and Arabic characters. My guess is that no one on Sedo can interpret the domains.
Hmmm don't they allow IDN sales now ?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It does seem to affect IDN's only so I assume it's a glitch in the apparently untested/beta script that alerted en masse such domain holders. Since nowadays there is no need for a domain to have active nameservers, I fail to see why that would be a requirement.

I was never able to list my only IDN for sale.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes. But they will not allow the pricing of or the listing of for sale any of the IDN in Chinese characters.

idn.jpg

This is stated as soon as the domain is listed on Sedo.

All options are locked out in the domain management panel

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Mine's in Greek. Not sure what the holdup is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom