Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Selling on Sedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

namegamer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts of whether to list prices or just indicate "Make Offer" when listing names on Sedo's Featured Listings?

Domain summit 2024

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's hard to say, it depends on the domain name if you ask me.

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What would you rather see if you went in as a buyer? What if you went into a store and all the tags said make offer.

I am thinking about putting buy it now prices on all my domains. At least that way people know the price.

namegamer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
rsequin said:
What would you rather see if you went in as a buyer? What if you went into a store and all the tags said make offer.

I am thinking about putting buy it now prices on all my domains. At least that way people know the price.

I know that if you're getting a price you are satisfied with then putting a price on the domain is fine. However, with a name in the Featured Showcase what's not to say that an offer much higher than one you might set yourself is presented or if the exposure brings multiple higher offers? A lot of money could potentially be left on the table.

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namegamer said:
I know that if you're getting a price you are satisfied with then putting a price on the domain is fine. However, with a name in the Featured Showcase what's not to say that an offer much higher than one you might set yourself is presented or if the exposure brings multiple higher offers? A lot of money could potentially be left on the table.

If your price expectations are completely unreasonable then you should probably be using "make offer". That way only 1 potential buyer will realize this when you make a counter-offer. Leaving a ridiculous asking price attached to the name in the listings is usually enough to push away real buyers, especially "end user" buyers. That usually takes all the money "off the table" as you put it.

kbw

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It states on Sedo that it is better to have an asking price but you may want to get a domain appraisal or at least get advice for a fair market price or you may end up too high or too low. If not, you may end up either scaring potential buyers off with a price too high or selling too low when you could have gotten more for it with a little research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators