Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Shady DNForum Member - Should Be Booted Off DNForum

Status
Not open for further replies.

nam6641

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had listed a domain name for sale here on DNForum, friended.com .

After receiving no offers that met my expectations I listed it at GreatDomains auctions this past month with a reserve of $2,000.

I was then contacted by a long time member here at DNForum who offered me $2k for the domain. I told him I listed it at GreatDomains auction that was coming up and coincidentally the reserve was $2k.

On feb 22 he replied to me "Good luck with the auctions! "

The domain went to auction and it sold for $3,100.

On March 7th he emailed me and asked "Did you sold the domain? "

I replied the same day that the domain had sold but I was still waiting for payment.

He replied to me that day
"
If they don't complete I offer $2000. Keep me posted.

Regards,
Emil"

After waiting almost a month I asked Sedo to cancel the transaction since the buyer was not paying.

Sedo ended the transaction and provided me the buyer's contact info in case I wanted to pursue legal action.

The buyer's name?

Moscom LLC
Emil Mendoza
12587 Fair Lakes Circle #248
Fairfax, VA 22033
United States

Coincidence? I think not.

This is the member here on DNForum

http://www.dnforum.com/member-king-dot-net.html

I do a whois lookup on king.net and what do I find:

Emil Mendoza ([email protected])
+1.7035014981
Fax: +1.7035014981
12587 Fair Lakes Circle #248
KING OF THE NET
Fairfax, VA 22033
US

This has to be one of the shadiest moves I've seen. He outbid someone else (who wanted the domain and ideally would have paid) knowing that he would not pay, and hoping he could buy it through email for less from me, and I would never know what he did. I guess he did not know that Sedo releases the winning non-paying bidder's information. Stupid you Emil, and now wipe that egg off your face.

I am requesting that this guy get booted off of DNForum for pulling this stunt. Definitely the most scummy move I have seen.

Thanks for wasting my time and costing me a sale Emil. Appreciate it.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is definitely a shady move.

On an aside, can you contact great domains and have them sell the domain to the second highest bidder?

-=DCG=-

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The domain market is like the Wild West. There are so many shady things going on from the smallest domainers to the top tier domainers and companies.
There is no accountability ever.

If the allegations are true it is pathetic, but I will not pass judgment until the member has a chance to defend himself.

Brad

nam6641

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is definitely a shady move.

On an aside, can you contact great domains and have them sell the domain to the second highest bidder?

-=DCG=-

I did this a few days ago and Sedo told me that they do not do this, I would need to relist it in the auction. I understand their reasoning (because someone could bid up their own domain, not pay, and then try to sell to 2nd highest guy for an inflated price).

This was just a scummy move by someone who has been a member here on DNForum since 2002. Not sure what it takes to get banned from this forum but I'm hoping this type of behavior is not tolerated or allowed here and will result in him getting a permanent ban.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

The domain market is like the Wild West. There are so many shady things going on from the smallest domainers to the top tier domainers and companies.

If the allegations are true it is pathetic, but I will not pass judgment until the member has a chance to defend himself.

Brad

The only excuse that someone could have is that they were going to pay, but I cancelled the sale too soon (I waited a few weeks), but his email to me offering $2000 if the 'winning bidder' doesn't pay proves he had no intention of paying. He can respond, but there is no excuse here.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's simple, really. The Sedo bid is a binding contract. Pursuit via legal means, especially since you know who the bidder was.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's simple, really. The sedo bid is a binding contract. Pursuit via legal means, especially since you know who the bidder was.

The problem is it wil cost him a few thousand for a name that sold for $3,100.

-=DCG=-

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Although each case needs to be examined separately, for amounts under $5,000 one can file at their local small claims court at a cost ~ $50 - $150. Once the case is decided, you can then seek the enforcement of the judgment via a collection agency or by putting a liens on the other person's property.

dcmike77

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
worst part about it is you didn't make a sale.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have emailed the member to come look at this thread and hopefully he will respond.

-=DCG=-

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Shady move, but auctions bring out the shadiness in everybody. It is horrible, and I know you feel gutted about this, but the best thing to do is to turn the page and take your medicine. Auction systems are designed so that fraudulent and scam behavior are always lurking. Even at the major auctions like traffic they acknowledge bidding just below the reserve and they do it with a smile on their face saying that it is common practice.

When I get an offer at Sedo I negotiate with that buyer and strike a deal. Once you allow the flawed process to take over, you run the risk of blowing the sale. And once people see that you are upset that you didn't make the sale, the name sometimes becomes worth less in their minds.

Hopefully you sell it in the future for a much bigger number.

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
DNF shouldn't be Sedo's enforcer.
Sedo is smart enough to stay out of this.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How can't it be him, it must be!

Auto ban for life, scum bag move by someone who knows better and by my perception could afford to close.

The only way this guy stays is if he apologizes and pays the auction sum immediately to the seller, $3100!

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If all the facts are correct...This is a really underhanded and slimy move...risking a reputation should be worth more than gaining $1100 in a deal.

ninjadomain

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is true that Sedo shares the defaulting person's information as I have had a buyer and a seller back out of a deal.
Each time I have the option to take the other person to court, but it would cost more than the amount in question.

hysteriaweb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Brad

Well put Brad, unfortunately this industry is riddled with scam artist. Glad to see this person has been exposed.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the person outbid other bidders on Sedo, then he has screwed more than just the seller - although the seller got double dipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom