Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

showcase Showcase Your Product Domains

This thread is intended for the original author and others to showcase specific types of domain names they own in the niche discussed.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you're into dropshipping, a product domain name is should be known by you. However, if you don't quite know what it is, it would be best described in domain name investing to be a brandable domain that you can use for a single product. Now, you might be thinking that a brandable name can be used as a single product, and while this is true, a product domain name generally cannot be used the other way around.

One example of a brandable that is also a product domain name is my purchase of Tulb.com for $1155. Tulb is a lightbulb that is both tuneable for temperature (colder blues to warmer oranges) and transformational (16 million colors). Essentially, it's a smart lightbulb on steroids because it solves so many problems from daily living to even creative photography.

I keep saying that I have uses for all of my names in case a sale never comes. I cannot in good faith purchase something that I can't use or can't see someone else using. In all honesty, I probably break this rule about 1 in 5 times though. ;)

With what a product domain name is, and one example of such a coveted name out of the way, here are three more recent purchases that are more down to earth and were hand registered for $8 on Epik.

ColderKeeper.com - Not going to reveal this one, but I'll let you guess (in your head). It solves a problem but is very niche.
BossFold.com - Clothes folding assistant utility.
ZeusTape.com - Strongest tape.

Since product domains are so niche and someone has to have the same exact vision as you do in order for them to work, there is more risk involved. Either you have to take the risk or someone else does. If it's someone else taking the risk, I wouldn't expect too much from these types of names and price them in the $250-500 region until you can get around to investing more in them yourself because if it sells, it funds another venture, and if it doesn't, it's can still be profitable if you put the legwork in yourself.

What are some of your product domain names? Did you even think of names being labeled as such? Could you ever see yourself investing more than just money into a domain name like contacting a supplier and having the branded products shipped to a fulfillment center for customers to order directly from you?

Domain summit 2024

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MotorhomeSales.com
I wouldn't classify this in a product domain name. it seems more generic with keyword + sales to me. House on Axles would be fitting of a product (motorhome described differently and memorable). Still a good generic though!
CamperCare.com
This one is great! I like that the starting letter of both names is the same, as well as the sound. It just rings of a product that is made to help you clean out a camper on or after a road trip. I could definitely see this even being a subscription box of cleaning supplies: You could sell one by itself, one on a subscription for each season someone travels, or even one per month for the forgetful (and messy) nomad. Just some ideas off the top of my head here...

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't classify this in a product domain name. it seems more generic with keyword + sales to me. House on Axles would be fitting of a product (motorhome described differently and memorable). Still a good generic though!
I see your point but house on axles won't get 2K type ins every month :)

This one is great! I like that the starting letter of both names is the same, as well as the sound. It just rings of a product that is made to help you clean out a camper on or after a road trip. I could definitely see this even being a subscription box of cleaning supplies: You could sell one by itself, one on a subscription for each season someone travels, or even one per month for the forgetful (and messy) nomad. Just some ideas off the top of my head here...

I was thinking of extended service contracts. Campers / motorhomes are prone to leaks, breaks from movement.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see your point but house on axles won't get 2K type ins every month :)
Not at all. Probably be lucky if you got 2! But, you can resonate with the product having a name like that. I just thought it was necessary to point that out before people showcase more that are similar. Not knocking the name at all, especially with that traffic flow.
I was thinking of extended service contracts. Campers / motorhomes are prone to leaks, breaks from movement.
Ok... a service? Those work well too. Very well, actually.

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not at all. Probably be lucky if you got 2! But, you can resonate with the product having a name like that. I just thought it was necessary to point that out before people showcase more that are similar. Not knocking the name at all, especially with that traffic flow.
I agree with you. Motorhome.com isn't a product but it is used as a brand. "Sales" limits the appeal but people know what to expect when they type-in the name.

Ok... a service? Those work well too. Very well, actually.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I used to think product domains were good @amplify . They are for e-commerce.

For the most part what I've heard from and seen from new companies, they prefer terms they can brand around. So they can be flexible and "pivot" if necessary.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators