Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Since Godaddy Aquired Afternic - Where To List?

CdnBigD

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was looking at listing a couple of my domains on either GoDaddy or Afternic but noticed that GoDaddy has aquired Afternic now. Found on DNJournal some domains were listed as sold on "GoDaddy / Afternic".

Does that mean, it doesn't matter anymore which of the two marketplaces I list them on? (since they are one and the same)

Which of the two do you list yours on and have the most success with?

Thanks

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
As far as I know they operate independently of each other (TDNAM & Afternic). I'd choose the latter.

CdnBigD

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just ran into this quote

“The concept of Afternic has been ‘list once, sell everywhere’,” said GoDaddy Director of Product Development Paul Nicks. “That’s really going to come to fruition now. You don’t have to list your domains on GoDaddy Premium listings, Afternic, and all these various spots. You’ll have one control panel you go to and manage all your listings.” - See more at: http://domainnamewire.com/2013/09/19/godaddy-acquires-afternic-from-namemedia/#sthash.fZfgiKGQ.dpuf

So you'd rather use Afternic? Thanks for your suggestion :)

Does it change things if my domains are already registered at GoDaddy?

pen

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
List them at Afternic. AfternicDLS is being positioned by us (GD) as the central distribution arm for domain sales. DLS has direct access to the domain search pages of 8 of the top 10 registrars, so you get the best exposure to actual end users looking for domain names.

-Paul

Last edited:

pen

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Afternic is not as much of an auction platform as TDNAM is.

True, Afternic doesn't offer realtime auction capabilities, for that GD Auctions (TDNAM) is the way to go. I think the OP was looking for advice on buynow of make offer listings though.

To answer another part of Cdn's question, for now GoDaddy listings do not automatically feed into Afternic, but Afternic listings do feed into GoDaddy Auctions

CdnBigD

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Perfect.. just what I was looking for. Just added many of my domains to Afternic now. Being that they are on Afternic, that means there's no real need to add them as well onto GoDaddy, right?

pen

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Perfect.. just what I was looking for. Just added many of my domains to Afternic now. Being that they are on Afternic, that means there's no real need to add them as well onto GoDaddy, right?

They'll be loaded automatically onto GoDaddy via Afternic so you won't need to do it yourself, no.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
clueless godaddy rep told me over phone after godaddy purchased afternic if you list domains on godaddy they'll show up on afternic but it was not the case the other way around.

looks like pen is with gd and right answer to my question was quite the opposite. understand now if you list on afternic they show on gd but not the other way around. this gd rep with phone support did not know what he was talking about.

pen

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
clueless godaddy rep told me over phone after godaddy purchased afternic if you list domains on godaddy they'll show up on afternic but it was not the case the other way around.

looks like pen is with gd and right answer to my question was quite the opposite. understand now if you list on afternic they show on gd but not the other way around. this gd rep with phone support did not know what he was talking about.

Sorry you got the wrong answer domainoid. We'll get bidirectional integration between GoDaddy and Afternic out as soon as we can, perhaps the phone rep was just jumping the gun.

-Paul

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
simply an observation:

but it's interesting, how a reported sale at one venue, creates anxiety to switch.

:)

Good Luck!

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators