Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Some Scammers Are Trying To Sell Domain Names Without Even Buying Them

Domain Author

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We saw earlier this month that someone was trying to sell the domain name iWire.com even without having paid for it in an auction.
Now here is another such incident that has come up.
The domain name is Prague.co.com. The name was yet at auction on NameJet when someone tried to sell it to a possible end user.

This kind of practice is taking away the trust from the domain industry. Highly unethical!!
What do you think are the consequences and how can this be stopped?

Domain summit 2024

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
when jerks email me that domain x is available for sale at "very low pricing" many times i'll search for the domain and it is in fact unregistered. on some occasion i should have sent him a thankyou note as i was able to hand reg the domain and it was a good one.

they do these things hoping the target is a newbie(or not domainer) who will offer a good price, so they can register the domain or try to win in on auction, and they'll then sell it to the person they picked. very bad calculation on the part of scammers as domainers-resellers very often outsmart them.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
when jerks email me that domain x is available for sale at "very low pricing" many times i'll search for the domain and it is in fact unregistered. on some occasion i should have sent him a thankyou note as i was able to hand reg the domain and it was a good one.

Yep, I've seen that so many times.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
when jerks email me that domain x is available for sale at "very low pricing" many times i'll search for the domain and it is in fact unregistered.

got email like that today from:

AgedGroup@gmail.com >aka apache@searchbar.net>

Lindsay Williams, Url Agent
Aged Group, LLC.

some clown trying to sell a name they don't own for $399. I checked the name and it's currently available to register.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators