Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed spotbox.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

magicpiegod

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'd just like to get some opinions/valuations on spotbox.com

Thanks very much for your thoughts.

domainstrike

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Cool name- very brandable. Hard to put a value on it since it really depends on the buyer, but I think it could grab at least low $XXX.

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very brandable. Easy to build a product around a name like this.

The issue with any "brandable" name is that it has a keyword value of $0, because at this exact point in time, "spotbox" means nothing, while on the other hand, a dictionary word such as, let's say, Slots, already has keyword value which doesn't even require development to be valuable.

The word "Facebook" only has value because of its development. If Facebook were to exist under a different name or not at all, Facebook.com would have a $0 value.

It's difficult to associate a verb or even a noun with the word "spot"... so developing this name will take some creativity.

As for the value, I would say that you could get a decent response at a low $x,xxx price tag, but anybody who is paying that with serious intent to develop is likely taking advantage of you, assuming what they do with the name does well.

Where I think you could command a slightly higher price tag is at a site called BrandBucket (www.brandbucket.com), where you can get a logo designed for the name, and sell the logo/domain as a package to an end-user, splitting the revenues with the logo designer. I've never used them so I don't know precisely how it works, but I've seen names sell for high $x,xxx there and I'd say that SpotBox is in such a league to take home that kind of money.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would agree it's highly brandable, a name waiting for an idea or product. So I could see it selling in the x,xxx range easily.

The Facebook example isn't a good one, it's a generic word for a university or college book that lists the student body, and the word has been around long before the Facebook.com site. So even if Facebook.com had never been created, the domain would still have some value.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I have a similar ????box.com domain with offers up to $1500 but I would not sell it for under $2500.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators