Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal St0ckphoto.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icenevermelts

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You are bidding on ST0CKPHOTO.COM there was a domain name called stockphoto.com that got sold on flippa auction for $250,000 recently

ST0CKPHOTO.COM is registered at godaddy and is expires December 2013

Auction ENDS 12/29/20

Last edited:

Domain Master

Domain Master
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$1

You are bidding on ST0CKPHOTO.COM there was a domain name called stockphoto.com that got sold on flippa auction for $63500 recently

ST0CKPHOTO.COM is registered at godaddy and is expires December 2012

Auction ENDS 12/29/2012

Last edited:

Icenevermelts

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am sorry I did a mistake, the domain EXPIRES DECEMBER 2013 1 year from now

Electric Star

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PM Sent. Awaiting information on where to send payment.

Icenevermelts

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$100

Electric Star

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Based upon the fact you are now asking $100 for this domain, both here in the forum and in PM's to me, it appears that you (Icenevermelts) has no intention of selling this domain for the high bid in the auction. If I am wrong in this assessment of the situation, please let me know now.

Frankly, I am into domaining as a side activity to my acquiring domains for the folks that I build websites for, and the relatively small number of domains (around 25-30 at a time) that I buy and sell are as much for fun as for profit. Frankly, this is my 2nd try on a "misspelling", and it would not really bother me one way or the other if I buy it or not.

That being said, at least a part of me wants to at least ask you to honor your bid. I've made good deals and bad deals, too. So I'll ask you here to honor the transaction.

However, the other part of me says that it is not worth the potential drama to me to pursue the matter any further. Especially since I don't know at this point even where to send the payment to you. I'm willing to let the matter drop. It's truly not worth the bother to me, if you are not a willing seller.

On the other hand, I can see where this could possibly come back on me, since by dropping the matter, I would not be completing an agreed-to transaction. Please let me know, Icenevermelts, exactly how you would like to proceed. I just want to document here a resolution to the matter, so it doesn't come back to haunt me later.

Thank you,
Bryan dba Electric Star

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If he doesn't honor it, I would say ban or give him a warning-- at the minimum a negative iTrader (which was removed from my seller). I put this out in the open last year about *****Forum.com. We agreed upon $XXXX and it was Thanksgiving when the deal was made. As I kept all my cash in my safe at home, I needed to put it in the bank to make the transaction-- except the bank was closed. Once I got to the bank the next day at 9AM, made the deposit and then got to my computer at work, I received a message from the seller said he already sold it (and couldn't wait over the agreeable 48 hour period as it was that urgent apparently).

People who don't live up to the terms of a sale need to be responsible for their actions to keep the dignity of this forum in my humble opinion.

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the seller does not complete the transaction in a reasonable time then I would suggest to use the Trader System.
We will decide what to do later after talking to the staff.

Icenevermelts

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dear forum members, Please have Mercy On ME. As you can see this is my first or second week as I am a member on this forum and I really did not pay attention that I had to sell it even if the offer was so low. I personally do not agree to sell it for $4 because it costs minimum to register a domain around $10-$15 also I did not expect people to be so low balling here. Everybody knows the price of the domain names especially a twin domain name of this one was sold for $250,000 so forgive me and I will be more caution next time.

Icenevermelts

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Frankly, Ice, for an un-type-able typo of a trademarked name, you should consider yourself lucky to get the 4 bucks. I suggest you take it and consider your "profit" to be the lessons you learned in this thread.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
[Not trademarked per se, but someone else's property.]

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
... I personally do not agree to sell it for $4 because it costs minimum to register a domain around $10-$15 also I did not expect people to be so low balling here. Everybody knows the price of the domain names especially a twin domain name of this one was sold for $250,000 so forgive me and I will be more caution next time.

Actually, you agreed to sell it for whatever the high bid ended up at, which was $4. The rules are clear for posting

...as for "a twin of this domain" sales price? Unless you can say with a straight face that an Ostrich is a twin to the Mars Rover, it would seem that you're exaggerating just a wee bit. O does not equal 0

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
... and I'm not saying this to be mean, but just to help educate you: the fact that the .com versions of stockph0to and stockphot0 are available to be registered right now means that st0ckphoto has no real value.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dear forum members, Please have Mercy On ME. As you can see this is my first or second week as I am a member on this forum and I really did not pay attention that I had to sell it even if the offer was so low. I personally do not agree to sell it for $4 because it costs minimum to register a domain around $10-$15 also I did not expect people to be so low balling here. Everybody knows the price of the domain names especially a twin domain name of this one was sold for $250,000 so forgive me and I will be more caution next time.

It's in the middle of my screen in big bold red lettering, anyone who has been on any forum should pay attention to rules. As you're internet savvy enough to register a domain name, you should be enough to read the TOS/AUP of registering it as well as rules of a forum.

Please review the following rules prior to posting in this section. ---->>> $1 Domain Auction Rules

They were also kind enough to make a STICKY THREAD with the rules as well (which means it remains at the top at all times, if you are really not internet savvy).

I also was the highest bidder on this thread http://www.dnforum.com/f556/xexb-co...-com-start-1-a-thread-498686.html#post2136911 but the seller decided to write OVER so means he expected bigger offers instead low balling. Before going to auction I read different post how people did it and it appeared that if the price was too low people just ingored the sales. I am still learning so please do not punish.

I can't see the posts as they were edited, but I highly doubt that the auction lasted 12 days (posted for sale 12/30, your bid was posted 01/02). So in that case, I believe your argument is invalid and unless proven (you can bring that up with unresolved sales). He should suffer the same fate as you if true: sell it, ban, warning or iTrader.

... and I'm not saying this to be mean, but just to help educate you: the fact that the .com versions of stockph0to and stockphot0 are available to be registered right now means that st0ckphoto has no real value.

If I register them now, will you buy them for $200? :roll:

In any case, I think that iTrader should be used more often. If there is ANY discrepancy with a sale where ANY party is unhappy (even though the sale went through, say you agreed upon 48 hours of transfer, the seller was nice enough to wait 1 week, he should still leave a negative iTrader--if desired-- stating that "agreed upon 48 hours, took 1 week for payment, sale still took place"). I; and I'm sure others, rely upon iTrader with making trades through insecure payment methods. I would do a $10,000 wire transfer to someone with a 200 trades and a 100% iTrader over someone with 200 trades and 82% iTrader. (Post & join date still in consideration, but for this sake-- iTrader).

Sell for $4 if the buyer still wants it and cut your losses before you have no gains on this forum again (at least by me).

Electric Star

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just sent PM to seller to suggest a solution that may be agreeable to both of us.

I'd rather make friends than enemies, and a good deal is one that is good for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators