Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Suggestions for SEDO

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know many of us use SEDO.
I am starting a thread on a few suggestions that I think would make life much easier and improve SEDO's interface.

Here are some of mine, please feel free to add yours:

1) Search facility: To be able to directly search using wildcards to see if a domain we own is listed. If you have hundreds or thousands of domains, you may have forgotten which domain is listed and which is not...

2) Change of nameserver warning: For parked domains that have their nameservers pointing to SEDO, a warning that a certain domain is no longer resolving would really help. This can happen for many reasons, one of them being if a domain is renewed even a day after it expired, most registrars default the DNS back to the registrar and not were it had been before resulting in loss of PPC and of the for sale page.
If that is difficult, a simple list of which domains are not 'parked' i.e. nameserver not pointing to sedo, would also really help.

3) when entering multiple domains, please give us the ability to choose multiple categories (up to 3 like it used to be), instead of having to then manually go to each name to enter the other 2 categories.

Most of my above examples are for people who have a large portofolio, but I am sure it would benefit everyone.

Domain summit 2024

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
1) Search facility: To be able to directly search using wildcards to see if a domain we own is listed. If you have hundreds or thousands of domains, you may have forgotten which domain is listed and which is not...

this would make such a difference to me...

also the ability to creat custom domain parking online reports, ie pick 10 names that you are actively selling..so you can then easily show stats to others without getting the "marker pen" out in photoshop :) and hid the names you dont want them to see! if you get me.. (or maybe someone with more words than me can explain what the hull iam on about)

click55

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Would be great to have the chance to choose the landing page too, at least country wise.
All my Italian domains there are landing in Germany even if I surf from Italy and really few ppl here knows that language.
And i know there are a lot of Italian sponsors for those keywords.
I dont like having hundreds visits without any click...

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
interesting, I never noticed that.
I assumed when you choose language when entering the domain, it should hav that page be in that language, otherwise, what is the purpose?
I think that is very important.

I agree with wilco. I do not want to point someone to see the thousands of names I have at Sedo. it would be nice to search (if it was available) by a target keyword, like 'legal' and then have it return all my domains listed there with the word legal so that i can create a link that shows only those domains. Pretty much the same think as wilco is saying, but it would be nice to just choose 10 domains to actively market with 1 link.

click55

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
interesting, I never noticed that.
I assumed when you choose language when entering the domain, it should hav that page be in that language, otherwise, what is the purpose?
I think that is very important.

Nah, it doesnt work that way.
The language you choose when you list the domain is only related to the listing, not to the parking.
When somebody visits the domain Sedo system is supposed to automatically choose a landing page of the same country of the surfer.
In fact to be sure one of my domain was landing on the sponsor i wanted at optimization i had to ask some US friend to check it out, because in Italy we dont have that loans company.
I have an italian domain i regged last month which is getting around 30 unique typeins a day but no clicks and this really pisses me off.

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
have more category. i realise there isnt a Game category.

silenced

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what is the best catogory on sedo.co for payment ? high paying ?

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thanks for all your great feedback. You beat me to it, Seeker, I was just about to write a thread asking for your suggestions on how to improve the site. We are constantly working to improve our services and welcome any sort of feedback.

Mr Click 55, I'm pleased to say that we are currently developing landing sites in over 20 languages - Italian included. For example, instead of "This domain is for sale, it would say something like "Questo Dominio è in vendita" if my Italian serves me right...;)

You will also all be pleased to hear that we currently have a new domain management tool in the beta test version. This will incorporate a lot of suggestions that have been made over the past few months and will give you a much more streamlined system to manage your domains with.

We look forward to seeing how this thread develops. We try and implement as many changes as possible as often as possible and any feedback is greatly appreciated. Keep up the good work!

Ed

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mabey a way of speeding up the sales closing process aswell? I've closed home loans faster than the process in use now, whatever that may be.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yup,

Our head transfer agent is currently working on a process to greatly speed up the process between professional buyers and sellers - as that's what most of you are. Unfortunately for all involved, a transfer relies on buyer and seller being on the ball and we do have a fair amount of people who can't even remember where they registered their domains... We're still aiming to beat our record of 32 minutes from agreement to close of transfer though! The new system should move things along much faster.

Ed

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
..would b nice to have 24 online tech support service...

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would like to see an open end auction with no reserve, I let a lot of names expire that I would like to throw in to the mix. Of course sedo fees would have to be the minimum offer

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You need any translation help for Nordic languages? :)

Nismo

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Id like to see these changes

1.The ability to view more than 20 parked domains per page
2.The ability to filter 'parking overview' by the date entered (same as you can under 'my listings') plus an option to allow the user to select the order parked names are listed would be nice (easier to keep an eye on selected names)
3. Save user preferences (when I view parking statistics I like to look at views, clicks and revenue so would be nice if it remembered this)

I can probably think of a couple more...

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Another real nice feature would be seperating views via parking and views via those searching the database.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello again everybody,

Thanks for the great ideas again! I'm pleased to say I have good news for almost all of you!
Brinkle and Nismo, all of your ideas will be featured in our new domain overview. You will have the option of up to 50 names per page.
You will be able to show the stats for one individual domain.
You will be able to show listings of domains containing a certain word (for example, entering 'media' into the search box would bring up your domains media.com, ilovemedia.com, medialife.com, whatismedia.com etc.)
You can also list your domains by the date entered.
You can show parking views and listings views separately.

I think you guys will really love the new overview, it should be ready in a couple of weeks.

Octobus, thanks for the offer, but we have the very able super-multi-lingual Martin, our new country manager for Sweden and Nordic countries!

As far as putting your own links on a parked page, I'm afraid we can't help there, as we have very strict rules from Google as to what can appear on a parked page. We also strongly believe that a parked page is there to do two things: get people to click on the ads and make people aware it is for sale. Our simple, uncluttered layout does both of these things, as many of you can testify with your earnings and sales! We are, however, considering the possibility of user customization such as changing the colour of your parked pages etc., so we'll keep you posted.

Glad to see that so many of your ideas will soon be available to you to play with. Keep the great ideas coming!

Ed

Key Account Manager
UK Marketing Associate

SEDO.CO.UK :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites
tel within UK 0871 900 8450 :: fax 0871 900 8451
tel +49 221.420.758.156 :: fax +49 221.420.758.11
tel (US) (877)-349-5902 :: fax (212)-202-3951
email: ed@sedo.com :: http://www.sedo.co.uk

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ed any news on the problem I have?
The one that I can't see all the domains in the drop down menu...

Reaction score
Five suggestions.
1) Employ someone to work on weekends.
2) Show payment/traffic stats for last 2 years instead of 1 (.co.uk are 2 year regs and this would help to highlight trends)
3) Change the parking layout now and again. People are getting used to the sedo layout and some will be clicking the back button without reading the adverts.
4) Allow us to view daily earnings by domain - ie all domains that earned today and their earnings. Basically this would be like the 'overview' section in Domain Parking but would show just the current day and not the current month.
5) When viewing domain statistics in Domain Parking section the dropdown box takes a LONG time to load when you have a couple of thousand domains. It also makes the page very large increasing bandwidth consumption and putting load on your servers. Allow us to have either the dropdown box or some kind of regex match option to filter. Maybe a textbox where we can just type in the name.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi dvdrip and melitaweb,

You'll be pleased to hear that the drop down menu is not featured in the new overview. You do have the feature of a text box where you can enter domains or keywords your would like to call up.

We are also working hard to make our parking stats more comprehensive. These will hopefully be available a little after the new overview goes live and will include all the stats you can dream of. We hope!

Changing the parking layout is certainly a very interesting idea. We take our parking layout very seriously and do our very best to optimize performance for our users' domains.

As we are based in Germany (with odd labour laws), it is hard to get people in on weekends, but it is also under serious consideration.

Regards,

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators