Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Suggestions for the folks at NameDrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkman

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just started testing out the system and I must say that it looks good so far.

One thing though that concerns me is adding names. I have added about 10 names to the system and out of them 2 were supposedly already in the system... Names that I just registered moments before. I have emailed support yesterday and today for both counts but still waiting for a reply. Meanwhile my names are pointing to their DNS servers and any traffic is flowing to the parking pages.

Since I don't know who has the names in their account I can't contact them regarding that.

I know I should have tried adding the names to my account prior to setting them up to point there and I will definately be doing that from now on.

My suggestion would be to implement some sort of verification so the names aren't stuck in someone elses account or some way of a faster communication system if these problems arise. Also could implement a periodic email system to make sure account holders delete their names that they have sold or let expire.

Just an update. I just got a reply regarding the names and it's being taken care of. Which is good. :)

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion. It is something that we are considering implementing. We've had one or two domains that have been sold on to different memebers and have been parked by 3 or 4 different people with us in a couple of months.
We have always taken the stance that any name that is added can only be parked if someone has access to the domain at registrar level, but with over 100,000 domains on our system now, it can get a bit messy. We are thinking of adding an instant 'verify ownership' button so that it cuts out the middle stage of contacting us.
I'll put this to tech.
Thanks for the suggestion, always nice to have ways to improve.

Ed

linkman

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameDriver said:
Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion. It is something that we are considering implementing. We've had one or two domains that have been sold on to different memebers and have been parked by 3 or 4 different people with us in a couple of months.
We have always taken the stance that any name that is added can only be parked if someone has access to the domain at registrar level, but with over 100,000 domains on our system now, it can get a bit messy. We are thinking of adding an instant 'verify ownership' button so that it cuts out the middle stage of contacting us.
I'll put this to tech.
Thanks for the suggestion, always nice to have ways to improve.

Ed

Excellent Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators