Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Take Every Offer Seriously, Seriously.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I received a $10 offer on a domain through GoDaddy Auctioins. I chuckled and countered at $3,000. I honestly did not expect to hear back from them. A couple of hours later a counter offer rolled in at $700. I countered again at $2,000 and he came back with a final offer of $1,000 -- I accepted.

The point being, take every offer seriously because it can easily turn into a $x,xxx sale.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats!

but ..... tell us why didn't you stick with $3K price?

i know any profit is more than a loss.

though as you explained the scenario, I see they only increased their offer by $690, while you dropped your price to $1K

after you get paid, maybe divulge the name and that will be irrelevant.

:)

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The transaction is not done until the money is in the bank (your bank).

Good luck!

Thank you!

Congrats!

but ..... tell us why didn't you stick with $3K price?

i know any profit is more than a loss.

though as you explained the scenario, I see they only increased their offer by $690, while you dropped your price to $1K

after you get paid, maybe divulge the name and that will be irrelevant.

:)

Thanks!

Honestly, I was planning on dropping the name this year anyways. I'll definitely share the domain once the transaction is complete. :D

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Alright... The transfer has finally happened.

The domain was CustomClones.com.

The new owner is a developer of some sort so I'm assuming he's selling customized clone scripts.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nice move by shane:D
you may choose to be insulted by $10 offers or you may decide buyer is kicking the tires and only testing you out. quite often domainers do not attend to low offers missing out on nice potential sales.

do see where biggie is coming from but have been in shane's shoes and countering back with the original 3000 may have driven buyer away. even your 2000 counter was gutsy. buyer could have walked away just because his 700 was not taken. does happen.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nice move by shane:D
you may choose to be insulted by $10 offers or you may decide buyer is kicking the tires and only testing you out. quite often domainers do not attend to low offers missing out on nice potential sales.

do see where biggie is coming from but have been in shane's shoes and countering back with the original 3000 may have driven buyer away. even your 2000 counter was gutsy. buyer could have walked away just because his 700 was not taken. does happen.

Thanks! I had another $10 offer countered exactly the same way and I never heard back from the buyer. This strategy may not always work but you'll never get what you want if you never ask.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The transaction is not done until the money is in the bank (your bank).

Good luck!

QTF.
I had a $900 sale pending - they even had the money in escrow.com but then backed out after I initiated the transfer - I was able to cancel the transfer before they accepted it.

Good job with the sale and negotiation, though.

rfdomn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Some months ago it happened to me on Sedo. I received a $60 offer, but since the domain worths more than that (and not planning to sell at the moment), i countered with a unrealistic $8,000. Surprisingly he offered me $2,000, after the initial shock and after one day full of thoughts and doubts i decided to counter at $6,500.
His final offer was $5,500, i accepted (i value this domain around $1,500 - 2,500, not more) with my eyes full of joyful tears!

He never paid.

Yes, take every offer seriously, even lowest one. But most of the time if a buyer starts very low and ends quite higher, he will regret after the sale agreement, and don't pay.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
also depends on the domain. for very valuable domain in the many thousand an offer of $10 can be thrown out as a joke. have also had many with the same text where only the domain name is substituted. they usually come off the whois information and some just ask for your price. most are not worth responding to.

for the domains different people value different ways it gets harder. comes down to telling whether or not buyer's given you his best offer.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators