Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

The most exciting tld of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenomeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Check premium names in .pw, almost all are already taken :) Someone have faith in .pw ;)

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To be honest...what makes this extension better than any other extension that has tried.

The past is your best guide...history repeats itself.

There has been many new extensions...how are they doing??? You'll most likely find your answer there.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's right, JESports. If .CO didn't really make any significant dents and it was the most threatening extension to the .COM ever, how can anyone really expect .PW to make it despite how much it's marketed or where it's being targeted ? Go Daddy almost singlehandedly put the .CO on the map and it didn't make much of a difference at the end. Remember .INFO ? The 4th best extension, then $200-300 .INFO names were being left to expire left and right 1-2 years later. I bet .PW will be right alongside .BIZ, .US, .ME, .WS, .MOBI, etc as just one more flavor of the month or some new boutique extension. And .US as a failure is worth noting since it's nothing less than the ccTLD of the US

Don't throw your money around, save it for the tried and true, ie COM, NET, ORG and even the most popular ccTLDs like .DE and .CO.UK, if you know what you're gettin into. I've been there ... Good thing I never went big on any of the "new" extensions, but I still got burned in buyouts of a couple of .COM classes, I guess I should feel better about the .COMs I still own
:undecided:

good god, really? Do we have enough of these worthless extensions already?

Last edited:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
-

.pw isn't a good TLD because its meaning must always be "explained"

of the new TLDs I like .NYC

I don't like any as if nobody even uses the ccTLD of US, why use a geo TLD of a city? NYPizza.us is better than Pizza.nyc and would probably rank higher unless G changes the algorithm for IP's in those geo cities (and there will be many of them). Either way, with good SEO, I believe the .US could still outrank the generic "Pizza.nyc".

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So how are those peewee sales coming along lol :yo:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So how are those peewee sales coming along lol :yo:

I give it another month before we see "premium" .pw domains for sale on DNF and many people getting carpal tunnel scrolling through all the names or getting tricked into wasting their time looking at them somehow in a thread (I.E. "Exact Search Terms Incl. OneDomain.com" with "onedomain.com" listed and 99 other .pw's.).

It's going to be a headache... and a stroke when all gTLD's are released. :faint2:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't worry Draggar, domainers will buy it :yes:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't worry Draggar, domainers will buy it :yes:

Just enough to pay for the application, a house in the keys, a G6, a Phantom and a little extra pocket cash. ;)

gaetanomarano

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
-

it's a bit strange that so many registrars invest lots of money in new (often long and ugly) TLDs despite other existing TLDs (like .name or .mobi) have failed their goals

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is a bit of advertising involved but I don't think that most registrars are investing a lot of money. After all they won't be left holding the bag.
They have nothing to lose, they just sell them to gullible/uninformed/brainwashed customers. And they know they are selling sh!t but it's not their problem :)

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that, however, needs lots of expensive advertising and promotions

That part isn't the registrars problem, in fact they may be getting advertising revenue for pushing their TLD.

Take .CO and .CO Internet SAS for instance. How much do you think they're paying Godaddy (a registrar) to push it by putting .CO (and .info) above .net and .org?

Only Bob could answer that question. ;)

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
but .CO is better than .net and .org as short version of .com and Company
.co is not even close.

How many .co do you visit on a daily basis ?
How many big companies use one ?
How many .co do YOU use for business ?

Answer: nobody uses a .co for anything remotely serious.
The exception in within Colombia proper of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators