Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

appraise Themadhouse .com

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.

condoleezza

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Registered 1996 TheMadHouse .com

Looking for estimate of value and any good ideas for the domain.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Domain summit 2024

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's a good domain -- guaranteed to sell at some point to someone at some price. Yes, guaranteed, because I'd buy it cheap rather than let you drop it.

That said, it could sell low or high; and I can't predict the future. Partly it depends on you and your willingness to wait a long time or turn down offers. Partly it depends on what sort of business (if any) with what sort of budget (if any) decides that the domain is a good fit for them, and that's outside your control to a large degree. Generic domains have obvious end users to market to. This one is more of a wait-on-someone-else's-brand-idea sitaution.

Applications that come to mind:

Haunted Houses circa Halloween
(believe it or not there's one within earshot of me at the moment ... kids are screaming!)

Web Design Company
(with "crazy" ideas)

Movie / Book Title

etc.

Retail for this domain:

$1k is low
$2.5k is average
$5k is slightly above average
$10k is pushing it
$20k is far-fetched but conceivable

Wholesale is low $xxx.

And everything I've said might need to be adjusted based on the status of Madhouse.com (which I haven't examined).

condoleezza

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your help. As you say it is just coming up with the right idea for the site.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From looking at Google, there are loads of things connected with a 'mad house,' from the original asylum meaning to connections to a song by a band called Anthrax, a children's company in the UK, and so on. I like the domain because it reminds me of the affectionate way people used to speak of their homes during events such as weddings, entertaining visitors, children's parties and so on - This place is a mad house. I think you could make a nice ecommerce website with it selling stuff for such events.

You could also use it for a directory of all kinds of bizarre or funny items (text and video) in no particular order, that people might click on just because they are bored. In other words, the very disorderliness of the site could be its charm.

condoleezza

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From looking at Google, there are loads of things connected with a 'mad house,' from the original asylum meaning to connections to a song by a band called Anthrax, a children's company in the UK, and so on. I like the domain because it reminds me of the affectionate way people used to speak of their homes during events such as weddings, entertaining visitors, children's parties and so on - This place is a mad house. I think you could make a nice ecommerce website with it selling stuff for such events.

You could also use it for a directory of all kinds of bizarre or funny items (text and video) in no particular order, that people might click on just because they are bored. In other words, the very disorderliness of the site could be its charm.

Thank you MAllie for your insight. I relate to your "reminds me of the affectionate way people used to speak of their homes during events such as weddings, entertaining visitors, children's parties and so on" coming from a family of 10. I feel your "directory of all kinds of bizarre or funny items" and "the very disorderliness of the site could be its charm" is a great idea also.

Thank you very much

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators