Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Tips & Advice For Cold Calling End Users?

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if any experienced domain investors have tips and advice for cold calling potential end users? I know some people do this successfully but what works and what doesn't? How do you get the person interested quickly and engaged?

Domain summit 2024

Domain Author

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First of all, send them a mail that you are interested in selling a particular name. Then give them a call after 24 hours of the mail, asking them if they received the mail and whether they are interested.
For how to talk to the end users, I think the movie "The Wolf of Wall Street" presents a great example. I drew inspiration from it.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jordan Belfort's story is kind of crazy but he definitely knows how to talk the talk and teach others to do the same.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Waste of time, unless you have solid leads....... Have to get past Gate Keepers, etc.... Better off sending an email....

Charles Sweeney

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Send an email???? There's a word for that..."spam". Spam them and you might lose your name.

I find cold callers a pain in the f****** arse. I have had some good sales without ever bugging anyone.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Each domain needs to be looked at differently. there is no one way to do this. no magic formula... sorry :(

* and some domains are unsellable lol :)

or you can do what Acro suggested. use the sexy lady it has worked for a lot of products for a few hundred years.

good luck

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Send an email???? There's a word for that..."spam". Spam them and you might lose your name.

I find cold callers a pain in the f****** arse. I have had some good sales without ever bugging anyone.

Not trying to get off subject, but actually "business-to-business" email is not considered "spam" in the US.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
have a domain that they really would be interested in, with a price included.

rather than soliciting them with some newly registered crapola in an exotic extension.

and please.... don't EVER call me!

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators