Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Toby Clements Scammer Still In Business? Not Paid In Full For The Domain Sold In December!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but talk of non-payments and names sold at auctions with 20% on the dollar or anything other than 100% performance as agreed is totally and absolutely not acceptable in any way shape or form and amounts to fraud. These people have no place whatsoever in ANY capacity in our business or circles. I don't care what your name is or newsletter blah blah blah *dead to me*

Domain summit 2024

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, this is really none of my business and I never had no doings with the guy. Other than the few CCC.com's I submitted to him and he rejected.

But, I know the guy is a member here and he has seen this thread. Honestly, it is COWARDLY to not reply and make it right with the OP and others that are still waiting on their cash. Because, this is these people money he is playing with. Most of us have bills to pay and families to take care of and can't afford to have $x,xxx+ tied up.

Like I said, none of my business, but it kind of pisses me off when grown man hide behind computer screens and keyboards like COWARDS. OP, if you approached this guy face-to-face like, "where is my money." He would probably piss on himself.

Mr. Clements, I do not know you and have no hard feelings against you, but MAN UP and make it right with these people. At the end of the day you have their cash in your possession. At least PM the people or reply to the thread and tell them when they could expect their money.

Last edited:

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, this is really none of my business and I never had no doings with the guy. Other than the few CCC.com's I submitted to him and he rejected.

But, I know the guy is a member here and he has seen this thread. Honestly, it is COWARDLY to not reply and make it right with the OP and others that are still waiting on their cash. Because, this is these people money he is playing with. Most of us have bills to pay and families to take care of and can't afford to have $x,xxx+ tied up.

Like I said, none of my business, but it kind of pisses me off when grown man hide behind computer screens and keyboards like COWARDS. OP, if you approached this guy face-to-face like, "where is my money." He would probably piss on himself.

Mr. Clements, I do not know you and have no hard feelings against you, but MAN UP and make it right with these people. At the end of the day you have their cash in your possession. At least PM the people or reply to the thread and tell them when they could expect their money.

He rejected your names to be listed in his newsletter for 2 reasons, let me tell you those.

1. He want you to sell for pennies.

2. He wants you to price it so low, so he can buy it from you himself, and ALSO charge you 15 % commission, and then resell the name himself. He will NOT TELL YOU that he bought the name himself. Thats what it sounds like to me. So he buy your name cheap himself and charge you another 15 percent, wow, HE GOT A GREAT DEAL! Do not wonder when your SOLD name goes straight under privacy by new owner, because the name you may have sold to is the broker himself LOL.

Toby, really?

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here is a New Thread I found opened couple of weeks Ago.

PEOPLE are Calling Him Scammer. BTW, TOBY - stands for ----- TO BY RIPPED = TOBY aka Domain Ripper :)

http://www.dnforum.com/f557/dont-trust-toby-clements-broker-thread-520760.html

There is guy who paid him 40 Percent Commission and still not get the deal done.

I would recommend you guys talking to John Berryhill to get your domains/sites back from this, because apparently you guys may not be getting your monies.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I hate to tell you guys waiting on your cash this. But, it does not look like you guys are getting paid, I did a little bit on digging and it looks like this Toby guy has put his house up for sell, etc...... I suggest you guys read your contracts and see what legal action you could take....

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep... He's fleeing the country with you people money.... lol j/k... But, it may be a legit reason it's up for sell, I don't know. But, if it were me, I would pursue legal action while I still know where he is...

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow some pretty big accusations made in this thread and others... the outcome will be interesting. I hope everyone gets what they are owed. Goes to show anything can turn to custard!

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
His emails came like clockwork up until March 10th, if you are owed money on domains you are not in control of, you should do something quick. There should be no reason for payment plans if this party has received funds. This sounds very similar to Madoff, new money paying old money, type of situation. I am not sure why you guys would not ask for escrow.com to handle the sale with a broker assisted transaction, and pay the extra percentage, it is worth it. When the funds come in, everyone get's their payment, and buyer gets the domain. The fact his newsletter has gone AWOL for 2 weeks, and people are complaining about not getting paid, this does not sound very promising.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still awaiting for the money.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone needs to go ask Toby in person?

Anyone live close by?

What is his cellphone number?

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Last daily newsletter: March 10
Last tweet: March 10
Didn't check FB
His skype is tobydome

He took over the newsletter from Rick Latona a few years back. If you have Rick in your contacts, maybe he knows more.

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Last daily newsletter: March 10
Last tweet: March 10
Didn't check FB

Those stats are certainly not promising. I'm usually a devil's advocate (and suggest perhaps he had some unfortunately medical or personal emergency) but in this case it doesn't seem like the outcome will be positive for his clients.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I've learned he owes a business partner of mine money which means he also owes me money and I'm not happy about it. Whatever his issues are they apparently have existed long before now with paying people and like I said before that is just not going to cut it in this business. Can't pay then don't play!

I certainly hope he has a really good excuse...

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
According to the voicemail I just left a message on, this is his info:

Cell: 404-680-7760

toby@toby.com

He owns Toby.com so if he can't get us paid then maybe that name needs to get auctioned off?

redomainer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've personally purchased a number of domains over the years that were listed on Toby Clements' newsletter and never had an issue as a buyer. I've listed several quality domains with him and they didn't sell, no big deal. Then early in 2014, I made an offer on a domain listed on the newsletter. We negotiated a bit and Toby told me we had a deal. When the deal didn't come together, he claimed the seller reneged on the deal. I chalked it up to a seller that didn't keep his word, but again, no big deal.

A couple of weeks later, I came across a different name on his newsletter, made an offer, and Toby said it was accepted. Mike Bowden, he works for Toby, sent the wiring instructions. Around February 21, 2014, I wired $3500 to Toby (I had done this several times in the past with no issues). I have yet to have the domain transferred to me. I e-mail Toby Clements and Mike Bowden about once a week. I've received a couple of e-mails referring to personal problems, will touch base with the seller, etc. About a week or two ago, I requested that the domain either be transferred to me or my money be refunded ASAP. No response and nearly no communication from either Toby or Mike. Earlier today I let them know that I'd have to begin legal action very soon.

I've been a fairly regular purchaser of domains from Toby, but Toby and Mike have lost any credibility with me and all trust. Given the lack of communication and no recent newsletters, my concern is my money has vanished. My recommendation is to avoid buying or selling via his newsletter, although I won't be surprised if there's never another newsletter. If anyone finds out what's going on with Toby, please update the thread.

Bill

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators