Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Toby Clements Scammer Still In Business? Not Paid In Full For The Domain Sold In December!

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Wire Fraud to me..... Let him know that he see how fast he pays up...

Domain summit 2024

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wire fraud serious crime , ask him to pay or do the time ...why ppl are now just stealing money ??? Are we at that point in our industry to rip each other off ??

come on Toby , it's good to pay now rather than dealing with attorney fees.

good luck

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Everyone who has a problem with this guy should report him at the link below and the Feds will be knocking on his door soon. Good luck getting your cash people.. But, you fight fire with fire.... When he is sitting in a Federal Penitentiary next to "Big Bubba," getting f'ed in the booty every night he would have wished he would have paid... :)

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I left him a message a few days ago, no reply at all. So maybe the guy is on some crack binge or something?

barrysanders

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've seen the same domains listed in his newsletter and Media Options newsletter and asked why and was informed that they co-broker domains together so maybe Media Options has some info on what is going on with Toby.

SeafoodMonger

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@BarrySanders - To be clear, we (Media Options) are no longer engaged in ANY co-broker deals with Toby Clements. We co-broker with nearly every serious domain broker in the industry including Igloo.com, John Daly, Domain Name Sales & others, so our arrangement with Toby was no different than any other. We are in no way involved and have no further insight into the situation other than several of our clients have also been affected by the troubling situation with Toby. It is very sad to see this happening to him and I truly wish Toby the best with whatever he has going on. For him to be screwing all these people there must be a good reason behind it, either health or some other major catastrophic event.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please update us as soon as you have more info.

I've personally purchased a number of domains over the years that were listed on Toby Clements' newsletter and never had an issue as a buyer. I've listed several quality domains with him and they didn't sell, no big deal. Then early in 2014, I made an offer on a domain listed on the newsletter. We negotiated a bit and Toby told me we had a deal. When the deal didn't come together, he claimed the seller reneged on the deal. I chalked it up to a seller that didn't keep his word, but again, no big deal.

A couple of weeks later, I came across a different name on his newsletter, made an offer, and Toby said it was accepted. Mike Bowden, he works for Toby, sent the wiring instructions. Around February 21, 2014, I wired $3500 to Toby (I had done this several times in the past with no issues). I have yet to have the domain transferred to me. I e-mail Toby Clements and Mike Bowden about once a week. I've received a couple of e-mails referring to personal problems, will touch base with the seller, etc. About a week or two ago, I requested that the domain either be transferred to me or my money be refunded ASAP. No response and nearly no communication from either Toby or Mike. Earlier today I let them know that I'd have to begin legal action very soon.

I've been a fairly regular purchaser of domains from Toby, but Toby and Mike have lost any credibility with me and all trust. Given the lack of communication and no recent newsletters, my concern is my money has vanished. My recommendation is to avoid buying or selling via his newsletter, although I won't be surprised if there's never another newsletter. If anyone finds out what's going on with Toby, please update the thread.

Bill

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wire Fraud is a serious crime they better post a public explanation ASAP.

Wire fraud serious crime , ask him to pay or do the time ...why ppl are now just stealing money ??? Are we at that point in our industry to rip each other off ??

come on Toby , it's good to pay now rather than dealing with attorney fees.

good luck

sdiggles

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Alright, so I'm going to add to this thread. I sold a name exactly two months ago with Toby and have yet to be paid. I was told by him that "Being completely honest, I have made some large accounting errors and am in the process of getting a bridge loan from my bank to solve the problem...."

That was a month ago. I am a patient man, but it's now time where I will be putting my lawyer on it. It wasn't even a big sale but the problem with it is that after the fact I did a little research and found out that he was having these issues prior to selling my name. That means, he knowingly and willingly accepted payment for my domain with no intent to pay me. Ponzi scheme that caught up, I guess.

I'm pretty pissed right now. I've used him a bunch of times before and actually had a couple nice mid-5 figure sales through him. He was always slow to pay, but never this slow.

I'll tell you this - I would pay his debts for his list. :)

The last I heard from him was March 25th. He stated he was closing on a $600k domain and the commission would be enough to square up with everyone he owed money to.
I like to see the good in people so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and pray that the deal exists and is coming through for him.

I will say this - no one will be listing anything through him and if they do, they'll be using Escrow.com or something rather than his "escrow service."

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Alright, so I'm going to add to this thread. I sold a name exactly two months ago with Toby and have yet to be paid. I was told by him that "Being completely honest, I have made some large accounting errors and am in the process of getting a bridge loan from my bank to solve the problem...."

That was a month ago. I am a patient man, but it's now time where I will be putting my lawyer on it. It wasn't even a big sale but the problem with it is that after the fact I did a little research and found out that he was having these issues prior to selling my name. That means, he knowingly and willingly accepted payment for my domain with no intent to pay me. Ponzi scheme that caught up, I guess.

I'm pretty pissed right now. I've used him a bunch of times before and actually had a couple nice mid-5 figure sales through him. He was always slow to pay, but never this slow.

I'll tell you this - I would pay his debts for his list. :)

The last I heard from him was March 25th. He stated he was closing on a $600k domain and the commission would be enough to square up with everyone he owed money to.
I like to see the good in people so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and pray that the deal exists and is coming through for him.

I will say this - no one will be listing anything through him and if they do, they'll be using Escrow.com or something rather than his "escrow service."

Thank you for the update. I hope you get paid. Cheers

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He stated he was closing on a $600k domain and the commission would be enough to square up with everyone he owed money to.
That is a bit weird. It looks like a confession that he spent more than just his commission on himself.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still no payments for the remaining balance. He had promised to pay it off in 2 to 3 weeks and hope he keeps his words this time around. Is Toby known to do any gambling, poker at all?

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Still no payments for the remaining balance. He had promised to pay it off in 2 to 3 weeks and hope he keeps his words this time around. Is Toby known to do any gambling, poker at all?
So he did speak to you after you open this thread?

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Silence and some vague speculations.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From what I know there has been no reponse from Toby at all.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom