Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

tomclowes- abusive blackmailer ~i haven't done deals with him ~ he left me neg fb !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does this thread seem excessively harsh considering what is or was at stake? :D

And Domain Newbie, are you a woman, a man, what was all that drama over you sleeping with a British politician about? No offense, but you have to be the shadiest/most deranged character here in the forum, so this thread is class A entertainment.

Tom Clowes, do look at the bright side buddy, with regard to your DNF membership you've at least made a firm decision with regard to your own gender, so shrug off the rest I guess. :lol: Stop spamming, and I'm sure all will be well.

Last edited:

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
@ Seraphim~ i do whatever i like in my personal life- you shouldn't be concerned~

don't start the drama all over~ issue is resolved

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
@ Seraphim~ i do whatever i like in my personal life- you shouldn't be concerned~

don't start the drama all over~ issue is resolved

So in one years time you have gone from the one and only very public DNF "female" exhibitionist / call girl, to the personally private "male" "moral authority". I guess I haven't seen it all. :lol:

I think you should change your name here to Bizarro.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I think she was a Kosovar supermodel :D

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does this thread seem excessively harsh considering what is or was at stake? :D

And Domain Newbie, are you a woman, a man, what was all that drama over you sleeping with a British politician about? No offense, but you have to be the shadiest/most deranged character here in the forum, so this thread is class A entertainment.

Tom Clowes, do look at the bright side buddy, with regard to your DNF membership you've at least made a firm decision with regard to your own gender, so shrug off the rest I guess. :lol: Stop spamming, and I'm sure all will be well.

Agreed !. Somethink tells me some of these posters to the thread have as many issues as TC. As they say, takes 2 to make an argument. I say remove the thread and get on with life. Believe me ,having has a brush with hospital recently has made me realise that life is too fragile and short to waste on petty things.

DG

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think the thread should be deleted, but it can probably be closed

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree that the thread was a bit excessive in its mob mentality so to speak. However, it seemed to be part of a larger issue about the integrity of the feedback system which is there to protect us all and must be preserved and upheld. Therefore I can also understand why so many members felt the need to chime in on this issue. whether members were right to make disparaging remarks and accusations against Tom may be another issue, but from a sociological perspective it is clear that in any community preserving the social order generally requires ostracizing those who break the norms.

Having said all of that let me say this, (and if you judge it as harsh then so be it) but my honest impression from reading your statement of apology Tom is that it was spoken like a true politician. Remember that actions speak louder than words, and it is through your actions that anyone of intelligence will discern your character. I think it is certainly possible for you to earn back the respect of your peers here if that is what you desire, and if indeed there was any lost, and i think most here are capable of not letting this particular unfortunate circumstance be a barrier to future relations, but it will require the integrity of your future actions more than words alone.

I only say all of this because it is hard to tell whether your apology is sincere or whether you still feel that you were not in the wrong but only wish to avoid digging a deeper hole for yourself, seeing as how everyone else consensus is that you were in the wrong.

in any case best of luck,

MC

electronic

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have kept 4 e-mails from "Tom", which he sent over the past 2 months or so.

The first 2 e-mails contain information in the headers which points to him, and the last 2 are signed by him.

The lies, half-truths, and low-ball offers are outrageous.

I am asking him to please quit sending out his e-mails to the domain community. They are a waste of time, and are indeed spam.

Dear Sir\Madam,
I am extremely interested in acquiring your domain name **.com
for an online project that our company is working on.
LOBH.com is devoted to the development of websites, and online presences in a wide
array of sectors.
We have previously worked with many companies, large and small.
We would be prepared to offer you $750USD for you to transfer ownership of your
domain name over to our company.
Please get back to us
Yours Sincerely,
Jeremy M. Saunders, Head of Development LOBH.com

~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Sir\Madam,
I am extremely interested in acquiring your domain name **.net
for an online project that our company is working on.
LOBH.com is devoted to the development of websites, and online presences in a wide
array of sectors.
We have previously worked with many companies, large and small.
We would be prepared to offer you $750USD for you to transfer ownership of your
domain name over to our company.
Please get back to us
Yours Sincerely,
Jeremy M. Saunders, Head of Development LOBH.com

~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~

Hello there,

My name is Tom Clowes, and I am in the website development business. I am currently in the process of expanding my portfolio of domain
names,which
hopefully should time allow I will then go on to develop.
Your domain name ****.com [this is a 4-letter, 1-word dot com] stood out to me as being a great domain for branding based
on its short, and simple nature.

Based on this I would be prepared to pay you $100 USD for you to transfer ownership
of this domain name over to my name.
If you are interested in dealing at this offer payment can be rendered via paypal,
google checkout, or nochex.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this offer, and hope we can
negotiate a deal
of some sort.

Many Thanks for your time,
Tom Clowes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THIS ONE WAS RECEIVED VERY RECENTLY. (Stopped spamming???)

Hello there,

My name is Tom Clowes, and I am a web designer.

I am emailing specifically in relation to the domain name ***.com which you own.
The domain name is short, and brandable. What is more, the domain is ideal for a
site I am developing at the moment.
On this basis I am extremely motivated to accquire the domain name. I appreciate that it it is a great domain, and was wondering if 3000 USD would tempt
you into passing over the rights to the name?

I'd love to here your thoughts on this, and perhaps make a deal.
I am a genuine, and integral guy, and would love to discuss my plans, and negotiate
a deal (within the boundaries of what I can disclose).

Many Thanks for your time,
Please get back to me when you can..
Tom Clowes

Last edited:

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Electronic, This has been discussed on numerous occasions. My spamming/lowballing was ridiculous. I suffered the repurcusions of my actions, and in hindsight realise how completely wrong I was.

The email you receive yesterday, is a genuine and fair offer. Not only that, it is not particularly lowball, and it is not sent en masse. So to answer your question Yes, I have stopped spamming.

A well established member here, and a good friend talked to me for a long time about this after my spamming session, and he explained to me that emails should be sent offering around 45-50% of the perceived value of the name. You are under no obligation to sell...

It seems a tad naive to say, I received an offer from this guy, its a tad low, grrr spammer!

Hope that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators