Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Toronto - GTA and Surrounding area Domainers

Chapel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering how many domainers are in the GTA. I am planning a small meet and greet coming up this week or next and was wondering if anyone wanted to join in.

I already met a couple of domainers last night for drinks and it was nice talking about this industry with others who have an interest in it. So if you're in the area please pm or post and I will keep you updated for the When and Where info .

We will be getting together and drink and jokes are always on the menu :)

Thanks guys,
Chapel

Chapel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Who are you exactly :)

I am in Niagara falls.

I'm a Domainer in the GTA I've been active in Domaining about a year and I've been on that other forum a lot. But I just started using my DNF account and I'm meeting some nice ppl here.

I have a mini portfolio of domains approx 200 and I'm just looking to meet a few of the Domainerz in my area. As I said I met with a couple of them last night and it was great to talk to others in this industry.

I haven't made it out yet to the TRAFFIC (or other) conferences so i thought it might be nice to meet informally around town and talk shop.

Thanks for looking,
Chapel

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cool, well I charge $500 per hr ( now in Can. funds ) and my speaking engagements also include 1 hr. prior and post of hand shaking, photo's and chit chat. Everyone who attends receives my latest book " Domain, master it and win " max. copies extended 25.I would also need a limo from niagara, prefer a true stretch vs. a town car and dinner is a must. I am free most this month but booked solid in december. Feel free to email at [email protected] If it is snowing that day a $45 charge is added to pay for dry cleaning. The salt here is terrible.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cool, well I charge $500 per hr ( now in Can. funds ) and my speaking engagements also include 1 hr. prior and post of hand shaking, photo's and chit chat. Everyone who attends receives my latest book " Domain, master it and win " max. copies extended 25.I would also need a limo from niagara, prefer a true sretch vs. a town car and dinner is a must. I am free most this month but booked solid in december. Feel free to email at [email protected] If it is snwing that day a $45 charge is added to pay for dry cleaning. The salt here is terrible.

lol...are u serious?

Anyways...way to be Chapel for organizing a Toronto Domainer's Get-Together!!! Not all can make it to the "big" shows.....It's great to do it locally and meet once a month with local domainers to chat....network....exchange ideas....etc....can lead to big projects..:)

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol...are u serious?

Anyways...way to be Chapel for organizing a Toronto Domainer's Get-Together!!! Not all can make it to the "big" shows.....It's great to do it locally and meet once a month with local domainers to chat....network....exchange ideas....etc....can lead to big projects..:)

:yes: I started booking privately about three months ago. The book is still in paperback but hoping to go hardcover by spring. I name name's in this book !

Chapel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
we expressed a lot of ideas and i ended up buying a domain from someone for cash lol. and i think its going to be one of favourites BTFW.com is now mine yeah!

And we are going to meet up during the week when others are ready to join us. so far I have ppl on the list of domainers here in Toronto that want to sit and chat once in a while.

Chapel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thats great. would you be willing to drive out to Toronto?

considering ur in Niagra, I willmake sure it is a solid gathering where we can hook up laptops and discuss/trade/vent/ drink (unless we get some minors involved then we will have to rethink the type of venue).

Thanks for your post and I hope to see u soon LegendaryJP

Chapel

Chapel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok so we have a handful of ppl right now just trying to determine a place for a meet and greet. looks like it will be at a bar /or coffee shop with wireless and it's easy to find downtown Toronto just trying for the when?

looking at the end of November possibly the 30th and after working hours around 7:30 pm

if this sounds good let me know. and if anyone else wants in just post.

Thanks,

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I ahev no issues driving in, I cannot promise I will show up but id would be good to know if I get a chance.

lotsofcoffee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can't say for sure, but I'll do my best to go! It sounds very exciting!

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am in toronto as well but hate going downtown. ;)

-=DCG=-

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
good to see the toronto chapter is shaping up!...way to go guys!

Chapel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice to see a seasoned veteran in Toronto. :) (a compliment)

I am in toronto as well but hate going

downtown. ;)

-=DCG=-

Well guys we have even had some friends from down south take some interest in coming up frrom Buffalo.

This is gonna be a great first meeting :)

I have to ask everyone to please send me a PM with your age and contact email / phone number (optional) so I can gather the gang together. Age is a requirement so I know what type of venue will be suitable.

I'm also a part time club/bar promoter here in Toronto So a venue should be easy to get.

This is shaping up.

Thanks,

hi guys,

ok looks like the dates we need to choose from are the following

Wednesday/Thursday/or Friday

Nov 28 or 29 or 30
Dec 5 or 6 or 7

I have several venues picked out with wireless access So trades can happen. And there will be a bank machine for those who like to deal in cash :)

please select your date for this gathering and I will work accordingly.

I personally prefer December 5th thats a Wednesday evening. Traffics not bad in the middle of the week and we'd look at a 6:30 -7 start Venue TBA

Thanks guys,

Chapel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok guys and gals,

We have some exciting news: Domainers Magazine has agreed to send us copies for our gathering on December 5th 2007 (13 days from now). All domainers attending this first meeting will receive a copy of Domainers Magazine.

Curently we have 15 confirmations and we will probably have close to 2 dozen people attending. great start everyone.

Also we have narrowed it down to a couple of places in Toronto. So stay tuned for further developments.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program

Thanks,

impulseleads

Happy Times
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would meet up
I am in Toronto

would even host it if good group
I have 2 offices downtown

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators