Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Toronto - GTA and Surrounding area Domainers

poing

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The dinner is now on May 5h - thanks for registering JP. URL for registration is the same: http://domainerdinner8.eventbrite.com/

Thanks to everyone who came - we had 17 attendees and DomainSponsor was so kind to support the event a bit (and Jim Grace even flew out from LA to attend as he has done many times before).

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It was a great time, drinks, food, atmosphere and company. You did a great job Frank.

poing

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The registration for DomainConvergence, which will be held from August 13-14th at the Radisson Admiral Harbourfront Hotel in Toronto is now open - the early bird rebate lasts until July 20th, then prices go up. Hope to see you there.

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The registration for DomainConvergence, which will be held from August 13-14th at the Radisson Admiral Harbourfront Hotel in Toronto is now open - the early bird rebate lasts until July 20th, then prices go up. Hope to see you there.

Frank,
Is there a link to sign up?

i

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just a question...but during the domainer convergence conferences... Do you ever auction any names?

If so, any success ?

max

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Frank,
Is there a link to sign up?

i

Yeah, the registration is still open
domainconvergence.com

try this promo code "9thsphere" it may save you $50 off the regular price. Details here
blog.9thsphere.com/blog/toronto-conference-domain-names

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm in Kenora Ontario today and heading further East over the next few days. Will be in Toronto on the weekend - anyone want to get together (I know short notice..) leave a message here or via PM. I will also be hitting Ottawa and Hamilton! :eek:k:

d97

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Even though I don't know anyone here, I would be interested in a get together or dinner to basically discuss our businesses, talk seo, strategies, milestones, road blocks, etc...I don't really know anyone in the industry myself...would be nice..not sure if anyone would be up for it?

poing

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just a question...but during the domainer convergence conferences... Do you ever auction any names?

If so, any success ?

Sorry missed your post - we actually were planning a live auction during the event in Niagara Falls but switched it to an online auction when there was not enough interest by the attendees. Not sure exactly what we'll be doing this year yet, I'm open for suggestions.

/Frank

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i know this is an old post - but wanted to intruduce my self to my fellow GTA'ers - cheers...eh

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I intend on doing the exact same thing.

How would I go about being kept in the loop about domainer-related events in the GTA/southern Ontario?

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if someone is planning a get together, coffee, etc let us GTA'ers know

thanks

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why don't we have one during the March break? Gives us adequate time beforehand, and the time-availability benefit of a holiday week.

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Chapel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Back in the game: I'm also willing to get together in the GTA talk about the latest trends and possibly a few domain trades. Last time I bought a domain in cash :) still own it too. BTFW <dot> com

Maybe middle of March if you guys/gals are up for it. Nothing fancy this time maybe just a starbucks :)

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd like to suggest Saturday March 20th as a tentative date, being a weekend.

Having reviewed the last thread it seems that the north end of the city is preference for most people.

I don't think we'll have any trouble finding a Starbucks... it's just my experience that they don't take kindly to large groups (assuming we'd have a crowd to the tune of half a dozen or greater).

Was going to suggest a Moxies, as they have great group seating, very nice food, an upscale atmosphere, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

There's 3 in the north end... one in Yorkdale, one at Yonge and Sheppard, and one at Fairview mall.

Oh, and Chapel - great domain! It's got a PR4 for that acronym, and there's already a band that uses that abbreviation called "Breaking The Fourth Wall". Naturally, they have PR1.

To broadcast this to GTA domainers, do you think I should PM those who posted in the original thread, in case some unsubscribed?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators