Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

uniregisty Uniregistry - Unethical Pricing Shenanigans - Broken Promise

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Uniregistry.

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So here's the deal. I had my names at Moniker and was getting pricing discounts. Last year, the Director of Registrar Sales at Uniregistry makes me an offer for special pricing to move my names over there and promises the pricing and discounts across the board "will stay fixed" to my account and not a 'gotcha'. I had my names listed in auction at NameJet and started to transfer my names to Uniregistry after that when expiration dates approached.

Now recently Uniregistry decided that they will make me pay a special subscription fee to get my current discounts. (I believe the $14.99 per month (billed yearly) is my current discount level - see https://uniregistry.com/domain-perks ).

So basically this is blatant 'gotcha' screwing me over by not keeping their word and I believe breaking a "binding contract" (see https://www.katzlawgroup.com/at-what-point-does-an-email-become-a-binding-contract ). My account manager at Uniregistry more or less said in the last email that they will not keep their word on what I was promised and will require me to pay a subscription fee. I'm rather pissed off. Now I don't have hundreds or thousand+ names like I used to but that is not the point here.

Now I know I was not the only person who got these discounts so I'm wondering what others are doing who are in the same situation. Thoughts and advice from others are welcome.

Larry

Domain summit 2024

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Larry.
Have you looked at NameSilo.
I pay no monthly fees and get $8.99 pricing with a lot of extras at no cost...landers, privacy and much more.
I am sure if you check you will see they have a fantastic reputation as well.
I am probably not telling you something that you don’t already know as I have known you here for many years but just thought I would mention it as I have been through this nonsense many times over the years....the old “bait and switch

Hope you get it sorted one way or another.

Jim

LarryWentz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Larry.
Have you looked at NameSilo.
I pay no monthly fees and get $8.99 pricing with a lot of extras at no cost...landers, privacy and much more.
I am sure if you check you will see they have a fantastic reputation as well.
I am probably not telling you something that you don’t already know as I have known you here for many years but just thought I would mention it as I have been through this nonsense many times over the years....the old “bait and switch

Hope you get it sorted one way or another.

Jim

If things don't get corrected, I will consider NameSilo or move names back to Moniker. Years ago I wouldn't have considered NameSilo as an option (lack of track record) but they have been around for a while now.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i got offered special pricing at uni, but never moved any names there

fabulous.com is also an option, moved some names from enom to them recently

I pay $8.79 for com, they have free privacy as well as parking

paying a subscription fee to get discount pricing is contrary.

imo....

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was at Moniker exclusively for more than 10 years, but after the sale I experienced a deterioration of the service level and moved to Dynadot. Never looked back. Spend 500$ per year or prepay the 500 and you are on their bulk scheme, 8.75$ per .com renewal.

Uniregistry made some peculiar decisions at registry level, does not surprise me this carries on to registrar level. I will buzz their rep to have a look at this thread.

LarryWentz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just started to transfer my first group of names away from Uniregistry to NameSilo... due to "bait an switch" tactics.

When the Director of Registrar Sales at Uniregistry says "Keep in mind, this special pricing is not a 'gotcha' and will stay fixed to your account. Your discount is across the board to all extensions"... that actually meant they will not keep their word by implementing a 'gotcha'. #unethical

Uniregistry has demonstrated that they are not trustworthy! (am considering having names removed from their parking service & utilizing their brokers as well)

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_67.png

I have my names at NameSilo for years now, but I remembered that Epik's Robert Monster had given me a discount for my account, so I checked and seems it is about 50 cents off from the 8.99 a name at Name Silo. At 100 (I have about twice that) name that would be about 50 dollars a year or about 5 domain names worth. So I could move the names there to renew them for a good price.

But the thing that got me thinking of Epik was their Gab.com intervention.

https://epik.com/blog/why-epik-welcomed-gab-com.html

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is what happened to me as well. I immediately moved everything to Dynadot and then finally settled on Epik when they took Gab in.
But the thing that got me thinking of Epik was their Gab.com intervention.
This is why I am moving my domains in. It took a lot to stand up to big tech (I think we could classify GoDaddy as that) to allow them to transfer in.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom