Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Unity in Truth

robmonster

Epik.com CEO
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1633061220457.png

In a world of rising polarity, there is one thing that I do know for sure: there is unity in truth.

The polarities are endless and are also expanding. The range of ways that people are being juxtaposed against each other should be increasingly obvious to anyone who is paying attention. Mainstream media, Social media, comment sections and forums are actively feeding this polarity by creating and augmenting divisiveness.

The polarities are a distraction from the real game being played which is to eliminate personal sovereignty and to align all thinking in order to fit approved narratives and prescribed rendering of history. If this does not seem incredibly Orwellian to you, I submit that you might not be paying attention!

At the end of the day, no rational person wants to discover that they have believed a lie. Once you discover the first big lie, for many that is the red pill moment when you begin to search for truth, and become actively conscious in deciding what to believe and not believe.

As we go forward, my appeal to members of the domain industry, and beyond, is to (1) be mindful of the orchestrated polarity, and (2) seek unity in truth. As the CEO of Epik, and the owner of DNForum, you can expect a continuing commitment to empowering both to the best of our ability.

Domain summit 2024

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I had a nice chat on the phone with Rob last night and we talked quite a bit about DNForum and how it could become the beacon of free speech without the draconian heavy handed moderation on other sites. We talked about a number of things that are not my place to reveal but I can say that Rob has a vision, and I for one think he is on the right track.

Now when we talk about free speech it is not meant to mean one can attack other people. It means you can criticize a topic or an idea, but you should refrain from criticizing the person who placed the post. On our Canadian forum we have almost no rules, the community is self moderating where we encourage members to express their views freely. We need a global domaining presence that understands people all have varying opinions and we have to encourage people to express those opinions without the fear of personal attacks.

Moderators should give members the opportunity to correct their mistakes by engaging in meaningful conversation instead of deleting topics. On our .ca forum we have a section that is not indexed on google and only members that have achieved Trusted status can read. If a topic becomes too hot for general consumption we can move it there. If a member complains they cannot read in that forum I encourage them to work toward TRUSTED status. Trusted means you actively participate, do not attack others, and you lead by example.

So there are many ways to run a forum without actually deleting topics and by stimulating conversation the forum will grow and become what it needs to be. A forum has only TWO assets, it's member base and it's content. By deleting, or restricting, either you are harming the community as a whole. We get better results by positively engaging someone that thinks they have been wronged then throwing our hat in the ring and joining the fight.

Rob will probably talk more about some of the other things we discussed so I will end that there.

PS. This post is not directed at the wonderful staff on DNForum, I was generalizing about forums as a whole. The engagement I have had with DNForum moderators has been a mixed bag but that is to be expected when new people come aboard. @amplify has been my favorite moderator to date because he always took the time to engage with me on a positive note.

I am excited to see how DNForum will evolve and hope people can separate whatever happened with previous owners and what the forum can become.

robmonster

Epik.com CEO
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had a nice chat on the phone with Rob last night and we talked quite a bit about DNForum and how it could become the beacon of free speech without the draconian heavy handed moderation on other sites. We talked about a number of things that are not my place to reveal but I can say that Rob has a vision, and I for one think he is on the right track.

Now when we talk about free speech it is not meant to mean one can attack other people. It means you can criticize a topic or an idea, but you should refrain from criticizing the person who placed the post. On our Canadian forum we have almost no rules, the community is self moderating where we encourage members to express their views freely. We need a global domaining presence that understands people all have varying opinions and we have to encourage people to express those opinions without the fear of personal attacks.

Moderators should give members the opportunity to correct their mistakes by engaging in meaningful conversation instead of deleting topics. On our .ca forum we have a section that is not indexed on google and only members that have achieved Trusted status can read. If a topic becomes too hot for general consumption we can move it there. If a member complains they cannot read in that forum I encourage them to work toward TRUSTED status. Trusted means you actively participate, do not attack others, and you lead by example.

So there are many ways to run a forum without actually deleting topics and by stimulating conversation the forum will grow and become what it needs to be. A forum has only TWO assets, it's member base and it's content. By deleting, or restricting, either you are harming the community as a whole. We get better results by positively engaging someone that thinks they have been wronged then throwing our hat in the ring and joining the fight.

Rob will probably talk more about some of the other things we discussed so I will end that there.

PS. This post is not directed at the wonderful staff on DNForum, I was generalizing about forums as a whole. The engagement I have had with DNForum moderators has been a mixed bag but that is to be expected when new people come aboard. @amplify has been my favorite moderator to date because he always took the time to engage with me on a positive note.

I am excited to see how DNForum will evolve and hope people can separate whatever happened with previous owners and what the forum can become.

Thanks @MapleDots.

You were kind enough to relay some thoughts to me via DM, which prompted a phone call both to convey my appreciation and to give some preview of what's next.

We originally acquired DNForum because of a rising concern that the industry needs a neutral playing field which empowered the industry to greater heights.

Over the last 8 months, great strides have been made to upgrade the technology of DNForum. The recent announcement that Epik is the new parent company signals a new era.

Our commitment was and is to co-create abundance. Dream big and we'll see what all we can make happen. Don't think of DNForum as just a Xenforo forum. Video, VR, XR, Metaverse are all on the horizon so stay tuned.

However, I believe the foundation for all of this must be to find unity in truth -- a community where courage is welcome and integrity is prized regardless of portfolio size. All are welcome, big and small.

As for code of conduct, and terms of service, the moderators will have a very light hand. I am not one of them. When in doubt on what to post or not post, I recommend to apply the "do unto others" test. It almost always gets it right!

sekkuhaydi

Level 1
Reaction score
"it could become the beacon of free speech without the draconian heavy handed moderation"

"engaging in meaningful conversation instead of deleting topics"

I don't see this here, all of this happen to me!!

"moderators will have a very light hand"

Light hand not true:

Since censorship here: https://archive.is/bE2Jw

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"engaging in meaningful conversation instead of deleting topics"
We cannot engage in meaningful conversation if that is not what you're giving us.

You have an entire uncensored thread all to yourself.

Please use the thread that you created to air all of your grievances as they don't quite fit anywhere else. Surely, if this doesn't shout that you're not being censored, I don't know what can.

Please remain on topic elsewhere. I don't want to put you on (a fixed) timeout again.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators