Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal - Unresolved Namess Sale -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, this thread totally converted into a "Post any scam related issues you have ever heard of here."-thread. :lol:

Domain summit 2024

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One could make a "made for TV movie" out of this stuff. With Gilbert Godfrey playing the role of Patrick Norman.

Honestly, i'm very impressed at how the community has come together to help eachother. This is what community is truly about. Regardless of these peoples ages, they are certainly clever enough to have ripped off dozens, possibly hundreds of smart people.

I think they should be tried as such as well.

Jay

It's actually Gilbert Gottfried, thankfully no relation.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It appears that 9mm has now been banned.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You didn't read the end of the article. he stole all of his material.

Kamloops

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looks like they have that keykogging site running with firefox now so becareful.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You didn't read the end of the article. he stole all of his material.

I did. Copying one's website content is unrelated to "domain theft". Unfortunate as it was, he failed to renew his domain and someone took the opportunity to monetize it.

calif.bob

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd like to take a moment to inquire about a few things related to the original subject matter of this thread.

1. Has Eshan Mahpour wired the $5k back to Jayspot - as he indicated he would on Sunday?

2. Is there a way to view Admin Logs to determine if 9MM was accessing this site using a Sudbury proxy service (there's apparently many) or if he was using a local Sudbury ISP? This would be interesting if the logs could be viewed and compared over a several day span just to find out consistency.

3. Has Alexa The Top been identified as of yet?

During the course of my research and investigation, I think it's safe to say that 9MM, Patrick Norman, has effectively scammed hundreds of people out of thousands of dollars. It appears that he started scamming using the Rune Scape game scams and progressed his way to PayPal and Domain scams - where the real money is.

There have been several postings about 9MM, and his several other online identities, that have indicated that he has been doing this for the last several years. He has blatantly admitted to opening fraudulent PayPal accounts, actively engaged in using Credit Cards that were not his, and has created several aliases for registering domains. He has actively engaged in multiple crimes and TOS violations over the last couple of years.

This isn't your normal 16-year old kid who just happened to make a bad decision. This is a 16-year old kid who has calculated his actions in order to deceive people over several years. The fact that he is now "Sorry" only came to light after his deceptive ways had been brought out into the public eye. He's not sorry in the least for what he has done. He knows that he is going to get caught and will spend a great deal of time "off line" in a jail or prison cell.

I don't know how the justice system works in Canada, but I can say with 100% certainty, that based on his overall actions, the fact that he has attempted to hide his true identity with the false names, addresses, and screen names, and his attempts at extorting money from others who have exposed him, that he would be tried as an adult in the United States.

Restecpa

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
...and his attempts at extorting money from others who have exposed him, that he would be tried as an adult in the United States.
If you are referring to that conversation log from digital point that I and several other members have quoted, he indeed was trying to extort money, but it was actually from his fellow scammer. Although, it seems that he would sometimes ransom domains that were already paid for as well...

Also, anybody cares to chip in on this one: http://www.dnforum.com/f150/qualitydegrees-net-over-550-month-thread-284771.html too? We really should be more vigilant, and crash them in the bud. Or else...

Kamloops

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Get this I called Register.com and told them I stumbled across info that may show one of their customer service managers has keylogging software installed. The girl took all the info and said she will walk it over to the Tech people right away.

Now even a call back to me to get the info.

calif.bob

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Get this I called Register.com and told them I stumbled across info that may show one of their customer service managers has keylogging software installed. The girl took all the info and said she will walk it over to the Tech people right away.

Now even a call back to me to get the info.

I would call back and escalate the call to a Supervisor or Manager in their IT/Security Department. The info you speak of is information that could not only save them big money, but also a lot of embarrassment.

Please keep in mind that there are various members of the news media (broadcast, print, and digital media) that are following this thread very carefully.

CB

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Final words from JP:

All info is appreciated and anymore pertaining to 9MM should be passed onto Jayspot as he has begun the process to retrieve his funds " . At this point Jayspot is contacting authorities and waiting on the $5k as far asI know. Nothing or or no one else robbed from what I see . Domain owner recovered names for the most part but still a few here and there . Adam knows about the Iranian in Toronto so he is looking into the hijacker connection but basically Alexa The Top is gone for now. Josh

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This thread is really epic. If you still haven't read it then grab a cup of coffee, sit down and read through it entirely from the beginning. It's definitely worth it!

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just contacted the FBI internet crime unit. they should be on this one soon.

I have info on this case if they want to contact me.

-=DCG=-

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This thread is really epic. If you still haven't read it then grab a cup of coffee, sit down and read through it entirely from the beginning. It's definitely worth it!

I just did that. And it took me close to three hours.

Gruelling, but greatly informative!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators