Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Upcoming $10 Million Domain Name Sale?

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some of you may or may not know that Freelancer launched a new platform for selling websites & domains at Freemarket.com. Anyway if the bidding is legit - bids for Payment.com has reached a $10 million price with reserve met.

Note - I think there will be a # of improvements/changes coming up at at Freemarket which "may" provide a good place to list your domains for sale down the road.

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's one of the few industries capable of garnering bids of that size.

FYI the domain last changed hands (when publicly reported) for $250,000 five years ago (read).

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can believe it if their is a huge plan by an end user to start a brand or something but the name on its own is worth no where near this... for that reason and its extreme genericness limiting its targetability (word?maybe) I think it stinks to high heaven.

I mean how many end users started to want this so bad they are all bidding 7 figures+, may be true but sounds too good...you know what they say.

rfdomn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think Freemarket.com domain marketplace has been started so quickly in order to "use" this sale as a showcase of how good and profitable is going to be the marketplace.
It's a good move, and if everything will go smoothly, Freemarket.com will receive a lot of positive exposure, which is not bad for the domaining world.

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well initially I believe bids were at the $1 million price point if I remember right with reserve not met (could be wrong). I'm assuming a bidder asked what the reserve was & was given it. I "think" there are 2 bidders.

Freemarket knows they need to do many improvements/changes to the system (example - next bid options are currently $5 increments which is insane plus I don't believe auction extensions are in place for last minute bidders - big mistake)

What's definitely appealing is only a 5% commission.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators