Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Update on our Server Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

The DoS attack that hit our parking servers over a week ago is still continuing to spam us with large volumes of fake traffic. Although we are and have been filtering the traffic we're now taking additional measures including an update of our database. This is what has caused the slow response of our servers today.

For the next few hours you may experience slow or non-loading parking pages and not be able to access your domain stats. I apologize for the inconvenience. These issues will be resolved later on today.

Jay
[email protected]

M90

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I was wondering what was going on.

MrDude

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was wondering why i was getting the errors. Keep up the good work.

We are currently updating our database server. Therefore some functions will not be available for a short time. We ask for your patience and thank you for your understanding.
Your Sedo Team

Notice: Sedo domain parking is not affected. While the statistics will not update immediately, all visits and clicks will be counted and the statistics will udpate automatically later.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I also appreciate the update.
It makes all the difference when people know whats going on.

best of luck in dealing with the problems.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well its make or break time now for sedo. necessity is the mother of invention.. therefore we are developing a script that will automatically redirect your domains to Domain Sponsor - namedrive or ParkingSite until SEDO has resolved there issues and paid the ransom demand.. ;-)

MrDude

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if domain sponsor allow domainsponsor.com/domain.com like Sedo do? If so im sure i could develop some sort of script to redirect to sedo if its available, If not it would go to DS

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no they dont.. but you can do referer redirect using framed redirection.. all you would need to do is CNAME all your domains to your hostsite and then just use frame redirect

In asp

PHP:
 <frameset rows="*,76" frameborder="NO" border="0" framespacing="0">
 <frame src='http://searchportal.information.com/?a_id=2015&domainname=referer_detect&popunder=off&exit=off' name='mainFrame' id='mainFrame' title='mainFrame'/>
    <frame src='http://<% response.Write(parkedname) %>/top.asp' name="bottomFrame" noresize title="bottomFrame">
  </frameset>
  <noframes>
  </body>
  </html>

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
beating a dog when it is down....

Come on, give Sedo a chance here...

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no one is beating anyone.. we like sedo are protecting our interests here.. compensation is all very well but if sites are not resolving then that affects return traffic and also search engine traffic.... people want sites to exist- we are coming up with an alternative in the likely event that SEDO goes down again. this is a positive thing..

Dimva

High Traffic Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I understand that they had a hacker attack -(or something like that) but its getting pretty annoying that it happend "often".. this is a big actor so i thought they could handle things like these without any downtime.. at least i hope we aint loseing any money beacuse of this..
Hopefully it will be back and running real soon....
Dimva

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you could always do a random result

PHP:
  $CurrentSite = $SERVER_NAME;

srand((double)microtime()*1000000); 
  $randomnumber = rand(0,2);

$include0 = "
    <frameset rows='100,*' cols='*' framespacing='0' frameborder='no' border='0'>
      <frame src='top.php' name='mainFrame' id='mainFrame' title='mainFrame' />
      <frameset rows='403,0' bordercolor='#333333'>
        <frame src='http://www.sedoparking.com/$CurrentSite' name='bottomFrame' id='bottomFrame' title='bottomFrame' />
      </frameset>
    </frameset> ";

$include1 = "
      <frame scrolling='no' noresize src='topDS.php' name='mainFrame' id='mainFrame' title='mainFrame' />
        <frame src='http://www.parkingsite.com/$CurrentSite' name='bottomFrame' id='bottomFrame' title='bottomFrame' />
      </frameset>
    </frameset> ";

$include2 = "
      <frame scrolling='no' noresize src='topFAB.php' name='mainFrame' id='mainFrame' title='mainFrame' />
        <frame src='http://ndparking.com/$CurrentSite' name='bottomFrame' id='bottomFrame' title='bottomFrame' />
      </frameset>
    </frameset> ";
  ?>

Then Header Content and

PHP:
  <? 
  if	 ($randomnumber== "0") { 

echo "$include0"; 

} else if ($randomnumber== "1") { 

echo "$include1"; 

} else if ($randomnumber== "2") { 

echo "$include2"; 

} 
  ?>
  <noframes>
  <body bgcolor="#ffffcc">

</span>
  </body>
  </noframes>
  </html>

At least 2 out of 3 times it will resolve to something... if any of the others are down

This process is also great for rotating Ad Content from sources like Commisson Junction.. where as you have 3 loan advertisers with full page content.. you can rotate to see which gets the best result..

If anyone needs any more info on this then drop me a PM..

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
no one is beating anyone.. we like sedo are protecting our interests here.. compensation is all very well but if sites are not resolving then that affects return traffic and also search engine traffic.... people want sites to exist- we are coming up with an alternative in the likely event that SEDO goes down again. this is a positive thing..

yes, but under this section of the forum?
and under a DOS attack?

that is a hit below the belt in my standards.
Iand if you check my history, I don't always go along with Sedo's 'thoughts'.
Now, what your story is, I do not know.

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dimva said:
I understand that they had a hacker attack -(or something like that) but its getting pretty annoying that it happend "often".. this is a big actor so i thought they could handle things like these without any downtime.. at least i hope we aint loseing any money beacuse of this..
Hopefully it will be back and running real soon....
Dimva

let's give sedo a little time to resolve the problems.

DOS stuff is unexpected. those hackers always come up with innovative methods to implement their attack.

i'm sure sedo it trying their best. they even compensate for the downtime last month, this shows they are doing something.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Hax0rs should be hang by the testicles and force-fed fried spam.

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo has compensated, in the past and generously, may I add, from my own prospective. So no worries here, since, I believe your among the best parking programs out there. Although, Fab rocks on poker, and Domainhop on none converting traffic, and if you wondering about my opinion on DS, which I,m sure you are ,lol .....poor quality landing pages and more but DS has its followers, I,m not one of them.

prempt

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Blank pages now showing at sites parked at Sedo. Not just mine, others also and on different computers.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
That happened most of the day yesterday as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators