Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

.US Buyers: What Are You Looking For? (I Have A List Of Short Domains)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm new to the .us extension. I have a list of commercially viable .us domains, but I'm not registering them until I have a better feel for the market. If you deal in .us domains, would you please tell me what you need? Thank you.

Domain Summit 2024

Gomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
From the underwhelming response to my .us sale, and to this and another question I posted about .us, I have to conclude that .us is about as interesting to most of you as a root canal.

I guess I'll back back out of the .us world for now, unless anyone has good advice not to.

P

President Gringo

.us market has some way b4 its matured, pick them up now while they are available and sit on them. If you wait for them to be hot, then the good domains will be taken.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gomains From the underwhelming response to my .us sale, and to this and another question I posted about .us, I have to conclude that .us is about as interesting to most of you as a root canal. I guess I'll back back out of the .us world for now, unless anyone has good advice not to.

Likely the reason you got a poor response is you are doing this backwards. Instead of asking what names people want perhaps you should post what names you suggest.

Plus, there are zillions of names, the chance of a name someone wants also being on your list is slim at best.

Also, the fact you say the names are unreg'd and you are also new to the.us extension does not give much inspiration to reply.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gomains
I'm new to the .us extension. I have a list of commercially viable .us domains, but I'm not registering them until I have a better feel for the market. If you deal in .us domains, would you please tell me what you need? Thank you.

I don't think you can tell people what you "need". Every single name has to be evaluated on its own merits. I see no way to comment on the viablity of a name without seeing the name. It would be like a blind sportscaster trying to call a football game.

You are not getting .US appraisals because the extesion is too new. It just debuted in April. This is far too early for a resale market to develop, so there is nothing to base appraisals on. There is no such thing as a qualified .US appraisal expert (actually I don't think there is any such thing in any extension - but that's another story).

.US should be bought to develop now or to hold until the public becomes familiar with them (I plan to hold mine for at least 5 years). Buying .US now with the idea of making a profit on a quick turnaround is not likely to pay off.

I think the .US prospects look EXTREMELY interesting, but you have to be realistic. No new product is branded overnight. It didn't happen with .com and it won't happen with .us, but I believe it will happen.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just bought Zits.US from you yesterday Gomains for $50 because it's an easily identifiable problem with "kids" all over the world..

and American kids are about the most obsessed about "zits" and rank right up there of "having" to try and do something about it.. I dont have to "talk" anyone into buying Zit products..

I'm willing to look at anything you ..but I dont guess at what people may have ..but then again you are saying you dont have them..you simply want to not register until you have a sale lined up... sneaky.. ;)

I try and stick with products and services type names..

Gomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you, PG, RN, BW and Duke, for your responses.

When I asked what people were looking for, I meant which markets did you think were best for this particular extension. I am not listing the unregged names because I've already had one taken form me when I did it with some .coms, whithout even a thank you, let alone some DNF (fortunately most are not like that here).

I am not in this for the long haul. It's just a hobby for me. I've been doing o.k. at it with the .coms, but the .us will be off of my list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators