Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Value of NNN.com now

Status
Not open for further replies.

FogFever

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is there a minimum amount that 3 number .com's are selling for these days?

I used to refer to 3character.com, but it hasn't been updated in over 6 months.

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
3 number .com

ie; 452 com. minimums for these are now in low $$,$$$ range

imo...

frankburns

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ones without 4s are getting 25000 +

Been trying to track one diwn for months

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've seen NNN.com's with a 4 (or numbers that aren't US/CAN area codes or significant ones) for as low as $12K, it could be desperate sellers but that's right, the trend is well into the $XX,XXXs and it's just about the safest category you can get into with a guaranteed profit, never mind the ROI, here it has a lot less meaning because if you bought one for $10K and you sell it for $11K you'll be talking about making $1,000 for just sitting on a NNN.com, whether or not other people consider a 10% ROI "impressive" .... And I don't know about the avg DNF member but being ready to come up with even $10K on demand is not something everybody can do. Sellers asking for lower prices sell quickly, no time for pondering on the buyer's part. You may choose instead to buy a few NNNN.com's for that same money, those are safe too although I think their prices are really high right now, there are 10,000 of those. Unlike the NNN.com's which are only 1,000 :approve:

During domaining's darkest hour since I started (late 2008 thru 2009, depending on how you see it) I only saw one go below $10K, it had a 4, and amazingly it was at Sedo, it sold for around $9K (obviously that seller never dreamt he'd need a min bid or reserve) but it was being sold along with other NNN.com's, all auctions expiring at the same time. That played a role for sure. When you follow these make sure you look for NNN.com's, if you just say CCC.com's or 3-char .com's, that'll include those like 4Z1.com or Q2K.com, and those are not nearly as valuable. Or, the NNN.com's will be listed there but you have to wade through a jungle of bad ones before you see a NNN.com appear. GD for example does not have a way to do an advanced search for NNN.com's, believe it or not. You can exclude digits but you can never exclude letters. Other places have similar problems. A guy who knows me will sell me two NNN.com's for $25K but I have to buy both, and that's because I've sold him things before, and he wants a lot more in the open market. But I ain't got $25K up my ass to spend like I told him lol...:uhoh:

The LLL.com category is another solid one where you will make a solid return if you buy at a good price. That too went down to just below $3K in 2009 but it didn't last long. Now the min is $4-5K for one even if they have a bad letter, and the trend is towards high $X,XXXs, soon enough it'll hit $10K minimum for any. The downside: those can often be trademarked..... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ones without 4s are getting 25000 +

Been trying to track one diwn for months

Tell that to the owner(s) of the 4 NNNN.com domains that went for $2,000+ recently (according to DNJournal) - all had the number 4 in them and IMO higher than the average NNNN.com domain. Just because it has the #4 doesn't make it worth less.

On the July 7th DNJournal sales report - 114.com sold for $2.1 million (private sale, though) (note: this doesn't mean all nnn.com domains are worth seven figures). Also note this is the only one in their top 100 sales for the year (which starts at $41,800 now). Last year 60.com sold for $310,000. In 2011 235.com sold for $100,000 but there were also nn.com domains above and below that one.

It's safe to say the average nnn.com domain is well in the $xx,xxx range but the largest factor is finding someone willing to shell out the money for it. :)

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, draggar, I agree. You will do well with ANY NNN.com, don't get me wrong, even if it has a 4 (and 444.com, possibly the worst domain for any Chinese guy, is actually "cool" being a triple repeat figure, I used to own a 4444 domain in a ccTLD cuz it had four 4's, ie "cool", and got good requests for it) I think the "all Chinese people avoid the 4 like the plague" thing is still true enough to some extent (I have buyers in the PacRim who specifically demand "no 4's" in any list I am to send them) but it's getting a little tiring, domainers mature as they go along, and just like the 13 is "bad luck" in the West, no one in his right mind will ovoid buying 1313.com or 013.com at the right price. Ditto for 04, 44, 4444 and all related for the Asians investors

I used to trade NNNNN.com's but those plummeted, especially if they had a couple of 4's in them lol....and the buyers were mostly Chinese. Those are zipcodes all over the world, including cities, regions and countries so they're far from being a US zip thing. I felt like holding on to them had I had the $ to renew. But people still do not seek them. I never paid all that much for any of them but there you have a category that suffered unfairly when the domain market turned south. The NNN.com's, NNNN.com's and LLL.com's (most of us can buy one or two of the last 2 types) are 3 that have gone on to appreciate considerably and never actually lost value or started to get sold cheap, like some LLLL.com's. 2-char domains are out of most domainers' league (LL.com, NN.com, even CC.com), and even LL and NN in net or org extensions go high into the $XX,XXX ranges. If you're lucky a CC.net can be priced OK ($2.5 K or even less I've seen), and a CC.org is even cheaper. But CC or CCC will never have the allure of a true NN, NNN, LL or LLL

Any Chinese/PacRim domainer reading this can tell us why superstition is carried to that extreme there (there's no 13th floor in 99% of Western buildings, so much for that) but the 4 to them is really something they need to get over IMO lol....when I saw 114.com sell for $2.1 M it was really something else, well beyond anyone's wildest expectations. $1M for 888.com or even 88.com still would've raised eyebrows. If the Chinese come up with a NNNN phone access code/number which $1.4 B+ people can access, and a DNF dude happens to own that NNNN.com, well ....... wow :eek: ....(I am surprised to read the stats draggar brought up that only one of the top 100 domains for the year has been a NNN.com, and $41,800 isn't that high a threshold for that class. In fact, an Asian trader emailed his contacts like 2 yrs ago (me included) where he was selling a Boeing plane model type NNN.com (737 or 767 or something like that) for like $45K and I heard after it went real fast, so.... it depends on somebody w/deep pockets being at the right place at that time of the offer...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators