Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Was NameDrive down sometime today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dillpupp

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I logged in today to see my stats were way way lower than usual.Were they down for a few hours or are maybe the stats updates are lagging? Anyone else notice a dip?

EDIT: Stats are outright frozen for me,it seems like they froze sometime 4-5 hours ago.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
my stats been froze all day

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry that I didn't reply to this earlier.
I've asked tech and the stat reporting froze for a couple of hours as our database reloaded. Beginning of the month is always a time of much action in our DB. Stat recording continued, but the reporting was put on hold.
We apologise for any inconvenience, but everything is updated again now.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help out with.

Ed

Premiumhosted

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for explanation! :)

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello folks,

I'm sorry to say that ND is down very temporarily.

We have been on high alert all week and we knew this was coming as we've heard from certain quarters that certain people have been guaranteeing that our servers will go down any time soon. Seems they have held true to their word and have launched another DDOS attack on us. We've been working the last couple of hours to get over this. URL Forwarding does work, it is only a DNS issue as far as I can tell.

We will compensate so you guys lose nothing as a result of this.

It looks like it's going to be a few hours' earnings as we've been down since around 6am EST time. At least Saturday is the lowest-earning day of the week.

I will post an update as soon as we have got round the problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience, people. We will ensure that you lose nothing because of this.

Ed

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
UPDATE

Step 1 complete.

Pages back up. We were all dragged in from our various Saturday activites to react to this. Still sitting here with hat and anorak on...
Now the fun bit starts. Working out what caused this and finding out how much we have to fork out for compensation.

Sorry for the inconvenience, guys. At least it got me out of shopping with my girlfriend.

Ed

dillpupp

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates Ed,they're very appreciated by all of us.
We really need to find these DDOS people a new hobby.

cayars

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Ed, I'm not sure what technical steps you've tried so far against these attacks but if you want give me a phone call (you have my info) and try bouncing some ideas off me, maybe I can give you a few ideas. I used to run a large wholesale ISP/Web Hosting business and this kind of stuff was pretty normal.

It sucks when people have nothing better to do with their lives then try and bring other people down!

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

The stats have now been updated for Saturday. We hope that you all feel your earnings have been fairly represented, we certainly didn't want to make anyone feel the bad effects of the downtime. If you have any complaints about the compensation (if you added your star domain on Wednesday last week for example), please get in touch with me and we'll sort it out on a one to one basis.
In other, highly important, news, we now accept the second level domain:

.geek.nz

Yes it does exist and yes, one of our users has asked us to activate it!
Enjoy.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators