Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Watching YouTube earnings go down, down, down..

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, and I really mean WOW.

I had a video go viral so it got over 3 million views which turned into about $500. Well, that was 24 hours ago.

This morning I checked - down to $430. $70 less in a matter of hours - and my account hadn't made $70 in the past ~20 days, most of it was from Aug 1-3.

I just checked it again, $298 now. That's over $200 less - lost in less than 24 hours.

They say it takes 7 days for earnings to be finalized but it's clear it takes 30 days - the first day went from about $50 to $3.60 - the second day went from about $150 to $70 and the third day went from about $250 to $131.

Ouch.

Unless something screwy is going on....

Domain summit 2024

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like from YouTube they're supposed to be final in 7 days

*These earnings are only estimates. Earnings data can take up to seven days to appear. If you see a day within the last seven that is showing no earnings, even if there is a later day with earnings, please check back again tomorrow.

.. and the super fine print:

Notes:

• Estimated earnings may differ from finalized payments due to various adjustments and do not include partner-sold and partner-served advertising revenue.
  • Earnings data typically displays within 24 hours after the end of the day, Pacific Time. Sometimes it might take a couple of days to appear, in this case, please check back again later.
  • Finalized earnings can be found in the downloadable monthly reports approximately 10 days after month end and are visible on the AdSense payment page within 15 days after a month’s end.
I agree, they shouldn't post them until it's finalized.

EDIT:

OK, you can nominate me for dumb@$$ of the year if you'd like. Those earnings are for the past 30 days - which about $200 (well, over now) is past the 30 days.
:blush::doh:

Last edited:

infinite

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Haha, d'oh! Yeah, Adsense and YouTube always does that. You have to wait for the period to end and finalize the amount added to your current balance, etc. You can see approximately what you've earned (before finalization) by checking reports for the time period.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators