Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Web domain sales & Bank issues

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Our previous company will be soon dissolved, I'm now the sole owner of the portfolio and I'm working to move the business in a more favorable jurisdiction.
I'm evaluating few possibilities and I'm travelling in these places to learn more about their tax systems, strategic advantages, cost of life etc ...

Well, let's do it easier. I've just started to visit few banks while looking for the right ones where opening the future corporate accounts and they're obviously asking for more info about my activity.
They seems to understand what 'web domains' are but they need more documentation about them and even when we'll get wires not coming from Sedo (they release us enough docs to proof the origin of funds).

I'm now starting to plan my new marketplace to show to future banks and to the tax agents where I'll decide to open the company but apart adding there my domain portfolio, I'd like to link to as much material as possible related to laws and articles which define better web domains as virtual assets etc ...
Any additional info on how doing my job easier, will be highly appreciated.

Now let's talk of Escrow.com
Every time I'll close a big deal through them (priced at $50k/+), I'll create a purchase agreement but that's not enough because some banks wants to know more about this company and I can't just tell them to visit their website, things doesn't work in this way with these guys.
In the past I was able to find on the Escrow website a reference number to the specific gov authorization they got in two diff. US states but now I'm unable to retrieve these details.
May anyone address me to a page where the bank will find a proof they're an authorized escrow service ?

Things were much easier when our mother company was in Switzerland while I see there're tons of issues out of there.

US residents will not probably experience these issues while I'd like to have a feedback from people living in other countries with my same problem.

And what showing to a bank when I'll sell a domain through GoDaddy/Afternic to explain them what was exactly the role of the company in the sale ?
Many banks are not very friendly with their clients it seems.

Domain summit 2024

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Which jurisdictions are you looking at?

Never had this issue, nor heard about it before. I am based in the Euro zone. But you might want to look at Gibraltar for favourable taxation.

Regarding Escrow.com you can view their licence information here: https://www.escrow.com/escrow-licenses

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What a strange coincidence, I've chatted a lot with a Gibraltar consultant just few weeks ago and it seems things become quite complex just to open a local company (but I can meet them) while opening a Gibraltar account is absolutely impossible for what he said considering I'll not be a local resident.
Not a real issue in moving permanently to Gibraltar, surely I'd love this wolderful place but I can't lock £2M there just now to comply with their requirements.

I've investigated a bit about Malta too and it seems they can do your life hard while trying to demostrate the origin of funds where there's an important involved amount.
I've also investigated a lot on some virtual banks but they're not physical banks and there're tons of limitations involved in holding an account with them.

I'll continue to travel and to investigate on new jurisdiction, no fear to do that of course.
Out of curiisity, what sort of docs you need to provide to your bank when you close a deal in the 6digit range if I may ask ? Feel free to reply by PM just in case you wish to share.
Thanks for providing the Escrow link too.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators