Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Website offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MELIAM

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all can any of you help me i have a website (not going to mention domain) but it is to do with renting holiday cottages in the uk. i have had an offer of £10,000 for the whole website the site gets 15k unique visitors per month and earns revenue from adsense which is around £500 per month would you guys say the £10,000 is a fair offer or shal i hold out for a better deal to be honest i am not bothered if i keep it or sell it
Whats your thoughts
Regards

Domain Summit 2024

Poohnix

Lost @Space
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's 20 months revenue...
If it was just parking revenue, I would say go for it. 12-18 months parking revenue seems to be the norm.
But if this this is a developed and established web site, I personally value established web sites higher in terms of revenue multiples...
If I would sell it, I would ask 3 years revenue for an established site, but that's me. Not sure what the "standard" is nowadays.

stock_post

JewelryRelated.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is the revenue going up or down?
Do you have interest in the site and the subject of the site.
Do you have time to maintain the site..

As long as it is going well and all things are showing positive signs - there is no point in selling...

If you fell the site is not picking up or going down (sell it)

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Meliam, as this is the 'beginning' of the holiday let season here in the UK is the £500 a month revenue just the latest months figure or is this the average revenue over several months?

Other factors to take into account are:

- Just how much time and effort does maintaining the site involve?
- Can you see the site being developed by you into still further earnings/revenue?
- Is this the initial offer or the 'final' offer from the prospective buyer, and was it made directly or via Sedo or some other market venue?
- Have you researched the potential buyer and calculated what the site would be worth to them?

There are a multitude of other points that could influence any advice given, but without clarification on the above points I would suggest that £10k could be quite low for a developed website with the revenue stated.

MELIAM

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments poohnix website is since 2001 i was thinking 3 years revenue to but its no loss if i keep it thanks for the input.

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

Thanks for the comment stock post revenue is same all year apart from this month and last month where revenue us up to £600 p m i dont have an interest in the subject or the site just somthing i created as a bit of somthing to do when i was bored.

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Thanks for the comments billbo The £500 p m is same every month of the year apart fom last and this month which is up to £600 p m

Last edited:

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
my main question would be how good is the domain?

sure developed and making good revenue, and 10k is not enough when making 500 a month. just sit back and earn that for life
how many bank accounts pay you 500 a month on 10K?

the domain 'may' be very valuable in itself too
if the domain is average maybe ask for 18k - 25 imo

MELIAM

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good point PRED
£500 - £600 for life sound good to me just wish i had 10 of these sites

Will see what happens
Regards

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the offer is serious it sounds a little on the low side if the site requires little maintenance and has that steady revenue. You could counter with an amount you would sell for, maybe they aren't aware of how much the site is making, but that could help them with a higher offer.

MELIAM

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good point hugegrowth i think they only want the domain i have already told them about the earnings but still waiting back from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom