Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

appraise Were.one

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.

raindrops

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am not sure how the new extension market is going, but I did grab this one - any feedback appreciated!

Thanks!

accelerator

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, you were thinking "We Are One", right? I'm guessing you're thinking good for marketing, but saying "We're dot One" is not quite so easy. I see where you're coming from though.

raindrops

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Haha, yeah - along the lines of "we're". A hyphenated domain would be interesting though.

Thanks for replying!

accelerator

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would keep in mind the radio test when assessing domains, i.e. how would a domain sound when said on the radio. I would imagine that these domains involving clever use of the extension might be quite difficult to find a buyer for, as the marketing department will have to be convinced. Not impossible, but difficult.

raindrops

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thats really good advice I am definitely going to take. Thanks!

elevatoria

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is good for condolence messages site. Unless you have it as a blog or a commercial site for such messages and a bit of how they were related before the departure of the loved one's death. Cheers.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would keep in mind the radio test when assessing domains, i.e. how would a domain sound when said on the radio.
Good point. It's pronounced: We Are dot one. A far cry from: we are one.
That kills the original intent.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah but even if the original intent was We're One, a great phrase, raindrops may have thought of it as a hack like ILove.you or Winners.club. I'm not that big on hacks and .one is a new gTLD, so unless you truly value hacks and can read past We're Dot One (tho this might also work as the title for something !) I wouldn't be that optimistic on resale prospects

A big thumbs up for accelerator's comment, that "how it sounds" test is often lost on domainers who focus too much on monetization stats which may change at any given moment for almost no reason, leaving you with an expensive buy with no takers, plus those stats normally do not matter to an end user who should ultimately be the domainer's target buyer for any generic or brandable

And also to the OP, that comment on hyphenated domains, beware of those big time, hyphens kill domains 99% of the time, and a hyphenated domain that's a new gTLD on top of that spells even more trouble so avoid them at all costs even with common TLDs (so pls do not handreg we-re.one lol ! which I think was what you suggested)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators