Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What Does This Means ? (...repoint The Site To The Below Server ....)

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

We've recently leased a domain, the renter don't want a dns change but he asked "to repoint the site to the this server: ***IpNumber***"

What should we do exactly to comply with his request ? Where should we enter his ip ?

Thanks for helping

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Where is the domain?

I know in enom you could do a redirect, from the same place you would do a dns change. The difference is that you would keep the dns pointed to enom, then they would do the redirect.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Where is the domain?
I know in enom you could do a redirect, from the same place you would do a dns change. The difference is that you would keep the dns pointed to enom, then they would do the redirect.
domains can either be on any dns you've assigned or they can be forwarded. looks like he wants the domain forwarded to his ip# but i don't think he can have that, as the forward destination must be a domain name.

"pointing" usually means setting the dns(servers) but "redirecting" or "directing" can also mean dns settings, and all three terms can be used for domain forwarding as well. i think jack referred to "redirecting" as in forwarding and "pointing" as in setting the dns.
looks to me the person leasing from you wants his domain set to the current servers(dns) but wants to forward it somewhere.

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, now I'm sure he didn't express clearly the concept because he mentioned also the fact he'll be able to access the website by ftp once we'll have pointed it to the given server ip
To do things easier, we'll just ask him to give us his dns so we'll solve this issue :)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom