Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What domains can get $100+ per year on parking?

catchmesleeping

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I minimally develop names. It's more or less the same as parking - though I invest about 30 minutes to setup the hosting for the domain, and add some relevant contents and a for sale banner onto the page.

Around 50% of my traffic is still from either type in traffic, or backlinks that the domain had prior to my picking it up.

Most of my names that are doing > $100 a year fall into two groups:
1. lots of type in traffic. Sometimes I pick up a domain and find out that it has a whole lot more traffic than I was expecting. One of them is something like 'examplesite.com'. It gets around 200 visits per day. This site would probably generate even more revenue if I just parked it, instead of using the developed one page site that I have now. Visitors just keep coming.
2. high CPC niches. When the CPC is high, and the niche is really obscure, my development strategy seems to still shine pretty well. With around 3 to 5% CTR, and $3 clicks, you don't need that many visitors over the course of a year to get to $100.

Like most people have said so far on this thread, it's not easy to uncover these kinds of gems. For every domain I buy that reaches that mark, I probably bought 20 or 30 others that kind of limp along, earning a couple bucks a year. I think I'm getting better at picking names that I used to - but it still depends on a healthy dose of luck too.

Domain summit 2024

picassoface

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you allowed to forward all your domains to your best domain while it is parked ?

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are you allowed to forward all your domains to your best domain while it is parked ?

Unless they are all in the same niche it won't prove to be useful. The conversion rate will suck. :(

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators