Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

When will the new gTLD's be available to register

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyNewman

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I want to register one of the new extensions for my offline business. Anyone know when they will be available to register?Only seeing 'pre-order' options at the mo... presuming namecheap and the like will be offering them? Or do they HAVE to be pre-reg'd?

Thanks in advance...

Domain Summit 2024

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is this an April Fool's joke?

You can find a ccTLD or most commonly used extension in Ireland with fitting keywords for an offline business.

RandyNewman

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No. It's not a joke. The name we want is clearly gone... we've registered our second option, but the one we originally wanted was a four letter. We're looking at other ways to get this now.
But, hey thanks for letting me know I can register a .ie in Ireland ;)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The new 'extensions' will cost $185k just for the application. Then you have annual fees to maintain a registry. Are you sure there are no alternatives to this madness, if all you need is a domain?

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The new 'extensions' will cost $185k just for the application. Then you have annual fees to maintain a registry. Are you sure there are no alternatives to this madness, if all you need is a domain?

I think he meant he wants LLLL.dumbextension since .COM, .NET, .ORG, .IE, .EU are all taken, even in his second choice...

RandyNewman

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, the cost is obv nuts- wasn't aware they were so expensive! A complete no no.
Was interested in the idea, but we have a .IE, and can get everything else bar .com and .co.uk. Was really just looking at the idea as an alternative down the line, but for that cost, hassle and the confusing of having a .whatever on our branded vehicles, clothing etc etc- there's no point at all...

Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom