Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

When You Read Something And You Just Have To Check Whether The Domain Is Available :o)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sometimes you read something and you just have to check whether the domain was available. Today I was reading some tweets on Twitter and the word 'Huylo' was mentioned as having been accepted into the 'Urban Dictionary'. Now I will not post the definition of 'Huylo' here, but I will say that it is a very derogatory term in Russian - and more and more people seem to be using it in regards to a certain Moscow resident, one Mr.Putin.

Of course I had to check out to see if it was available, but the chances had to be slim at best, a 5 letter domain which could be pronounced, no, not a chance, but out of habit of course I checked - amazingly I now own Huylo.com.

Wonder how I should or indeed 'will' develop it?

Hello Mr.Putin. :)

Domain summit 2024

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you wont have time and will offer it for sale here after this great pitch.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they say....reading is fundamental

back when overture was still working, I read a biz article in local Sun-Times.
registered a domain from that, and later sold the name for 5 figures.....after it had made a few G's from ppc.

newspapers, are still one of the cheapest tools around.

:)

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This has become a laugh already, just been 'warned' on the 'other forum' by a member there that Russia will try a WIPO action within 20 days!

I just looked up the definition. A "WIPO" actions seems extraordinarily appropriate in this case. But only in this case.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@Jack Gordon - "I just looked up the definition. A "WIPO" actions seems extraordinarily appropriate in this case. But only in this case."

Go on, make me laugh, how is it 'extraordinarily appropriate in this case'. I would love to find out what a Romanized translation of a Cyrillic term which has acquired use in common slang language has to do with 'Intellectual Property'? Especially as I am only now developing the site.

By the way, apart from maybe costing a couple of thousand pounds in a WIPO hearing, just remember I can always appeal to the courts afterwards should the WIPO board prove themselves as coming from another planet (not unheard of I know by the way). ;)

Last edited:

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bill, you were taking me seriously, when I was cracking a joke.

The translation into English is a**hole.

Get it now? :cool:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Careful...if you talk bad about the other forum here, the other forum will ban you there.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I received an offer last week for Huylo.com, a fairly low offer but not insultingly so, I therefore made a counter offer to the prospective buyer but not heard back from him. So I decided to put the domain for auction on Flippa.com and see just what interest there is. ;)

< MOD EDIT> NO LINKS TO AUCTIONS PERMITTED IN THIS SECTION!

THREAD CLOSED. </MOD EDIT>

I have emailed details to the potential buyer, let's just see how serious he is. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators