Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

where did all the lowballers come from?

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol, i have mate
it's this twisted desire i have i guess of wanting to see you photoshop Rick as a hooker lol
i'm still waiting :D

Domain summit 2024

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have you noticed this ?

On a regular basis I win domains in NJ/SN auctions, then I park them at Sedo and a few days later I receive an offer at Sedo, for an amount that is typically less than what I paid. I am pretty certain that 90% of the time the offers come from auction participants who are just curious, or want to try to capitalize on possible buyer's remorse. What a waste of time.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But even when sellers [like me] post what we view as "reasonable names at reasonable prices", nobody seems much interested. I posted a list of better-quality .com's for sale (at reseller prices) 24 hours ago, and not a sale or even an offer yet.

Apart from acronym-type domains, it seems like there's not much demand for anything in between super-premium domains and el-cheapo ones.

Yes, exactly. It's becoming a bit more difficult to sell in this forum since Google has updated their keyword tool because keyword domains with previous x,xxx range EXACT search volume are now only having mid xxx range EXACT search volume with new Google keyword tool.

Here even domain newbies know this tool and it's more difficult to sell here unless the keywords are quite strong.

One other reason is that many people got lots of domains (mostly crappy) in their porfolio and they don't want more crappy domains. Problem for them is they don't want to drop those crappy domains from their porfolios either.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One other reason is that many people got lots of domains (mostly crappy) in their porfolio and they don't want more crappy domains. Problem for them is they don't want to drop those crappy domains from their porfolios either.

The smart ones are cleaning portfolio's before adding to them, newbies need to add domains.
This year I have started filtering at about a 30-40% clip, with parking so low, it just doesn't pay to hold too many that don't make money or have potential.

-=DCG=-

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
......that being said, i think i fall in with the hold-outs

ditto.

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

.......but asking someone's BIN, when they have opted NOT to list one, rather than at least making an offer they are comfortable with seems like a "NOBALLER" to me.....

The reason for asking for a BIN in make offer sales is buyer knows seller in all likelihood really has an acceptable BIN in mind but just does not want to reveal it. In addition, one of several reasons buyer does not like posting offers is he may be way too low and seller gets annoyed as a result, or possibly even too high and seller may have in actuality sold for less that the offer.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

.....with parking so low, it just doesn't pay to hold too many that don't make money or have potential.-=DCG=-
Agree. Many more domains were in the black a few yrs ago but are now in the red - to make it worse renewal fees are up at the same time PPC revenues are trending down.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The reason for asking for a BIN in make offer sales is buyer knows seller in all likelihood really has an acceptable BIN in mind but just does not want to reveal it. In addition, one of several reasons buyer does not like posting offers is he may be way too low and seller gets annoyed as a result, or possibly even too high and seller may have in actuality sold for less that the offer.

Well said.
One other reason is that it saves time to do "quick reply" than to send PM which will take more time and will fill up your quota of PM limit (sent PM will be saved). :):):):)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
By coincidence, the replies i received from a sales thread posted recently, provided me with some pertinent info/statistics relating to this thread.

i received about 20 pm's and there were a few members who posted offers in the sales thread.

most offers were for the nnnn.com's, with the offers range between $300 > $1K for each
with the average offer being $450

for the LLL.org's, most offers were in low to mid $$$

for the LLL.nets, offer ranges came in between $300 and $1250
the majority those offers averaged $500, the lowest offer was $75

highest offer for nn.net was $9k, lowest was about $5K

out of all inquiries received, about 5 came from Exclusive level and about 5 came from Gold level, the rest of course were Platinum

oldest member join date was 2004, earliest was 2010

only one member asked for stats

no domains have been sold yet, however i was asked to hold a few

:)

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
By coincidence, the replies i received from a sales thread posted recently, provided me with some pertinent info/statistics relating to this thread.

i received about 20 pm's and there were a few members who posted offers in the sales thread.

most offers were for the nnnn.com's, with the offers range between $300 > $1K for each
with the average offer being $450

for the LLL.org's, most offers were in low to mid $$$

for the LLL.nets, offer ranges came in between $300 and $1250
the majority those offers averaged $500, the lowest offer was $75

highest offer for nn.net was $9k, lowest was about $5K

out of all inquiries received, about 5 came from Exclusive level and about 5 came from Gold level, the rest of course were Platinum

oldest member join date was 2004, earliest was 2010

only one member asked for stats

no domains have been sold yet, however i was asked to hold a few

:)

Anything wrong there?

I thought the offers weren't that bad.

e.g. nnnn, 5478.com sold for $500 recently.

Similarly LLL.org, DIK.org sold for $300 in 2010.

Same for LLL.net, EQI.net sold for $375, UEM.net sold for $375 in 2010.

Above sale prices reflect reseller pricing and I don't believe there are many end users for LLL or nnnn domains in this forum. Most people are looking for investing in those names here. If you expect to sell them for end user prices, may be you are in the wrong place, IMO any way.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anything wrong there?

I thought the offers weren't that bad.

e.g. nnnn, 5478.com sold for $500 recently.

Similarly LLL.org, DIK.org sold for $300 in 2010.

Same for LLL.net, EQI.net sold for $375, UEM.net sold for $375 in 2010.

Above sale prices reflect reseller pricing and I don't believe there are many end users for LLL or nnnn domains in this forum. Most people are looking for investing in those names here. If you expect to sell them for end user prices, may be you are in the wrong place, IMO any way.

i'm sure it's easy to go and pick some low priced sales for a category, in an effort to legitimze lowballing

but i ain't going for it

the last LL.net we sold went for $14k

the last LL.org we sold went for $20K

the last LLL.org we sold went for $3k

the last LLL.net we sold went for $2500

two of those sales went to forum members

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Bottom line so that we stop slicing our flesh each time: DNForum is for domainers. As domainers, we look for the absolute lowest cost of ownership. There *are* exceptions, however don't expect to get end-user prices, unless you stage a competitive sales thread with lots of people participating.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Obviously there is a wide margin in prices.
LLL.net could sell from $375 to $2500 depending on the domain and whom you ask.
Ditto with other types of domains.
Lowballing means using the lowest (not average) reported sale and using it as a baseline. Or even lower, after all we're domainers and don't want to pay end user prices :smilewinkgrin:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I'm not saying DNForum is not a great place to buy and sell domains. But the fact is, to maximize a domain's potential you have to reach out to end-users and advertise it accordingly.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some good deals for LLL.org. The seller only asks $225 per domain. Good prices.

if they are such good prices, then you should have bought them all

i could have posted a link to my sales thread here too, but i didn't because it's against the rules

but it's good to see that you are supporting others though, by posting links to their sales threads in this thread.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if they are such good prices, then you should have bought them all

i could have posted a link to my sales thread here too, but i didn't because it's against the rules

but it's good to see that you are supporting others though, by posting links to their sales threads in this thread.

I have no interest in LLL.org, LLL.net or nnnn.com unless they are very good like Web.org, Ads.net etc... or 8888.com

I am not supporting others. Just examples of LLL.org domain pricing range at a domainers' forum. Of course, it would depend on the quality of LLL.org.

I wouldn't buy such domains because I could buy quality generic domains in that kind of or cheaper range at reseller prices.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some good deals for LLL.org. The seller only asks $225 per domain. Good prices.

since you were allowed to post a link to another members sales thread

let me show a perfect example of lowballing

http://www.dnforum.com/f529/eiv-com-thread-446097.html

where the seller has posted that he won't sell for less than $$,$$$ offer, yet members still post low $$$$ in the thread, after this notice.

so does it matter if one posts a minimum

or are members just ignoring updates in a thread

or is it just to post?

:rolleyes:

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
since you were allowed to post a link to another members sales thread

let me show a perfect example of lowballing

http://www.dnforum.com/f529/eiv-com-thread-446097.html

where the seller has posted that he won't sell for less than $$,$$$ offer, yet members still post low $$$$ in the thread, after this notice.

so does it matter if one posts a minimum

or are members just ignoring updates in a thread

or is it just to post?

:rolleyes:

To be honest. Mid x,xxx is not lowballing in this current market for a LLL.com. xx,xxx range without stats for LLL.com would be for end users because you could buy reasonable LLL.com currently around $3,000 to $4,000. It the LLL.com in this case were web.com or Ads.com , x,xxx would be lowballing.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the seller has posted that he won't sell for less than $$,$$$ offer, yet members still post low $$$$ in the thread, after this notice.
I agree, it's a waste of time. If the owner changes his mind and he is willing to lower the price he will update his thread.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree, it's a waste of time. If the owner changes his mind and he is willing to lower the price he will update his thread.

Actually it's not waste of time because domain sellers change their mind at times especially if they need to fund for new domain deals, projects etc... and may want to sell the domain in a good reseller range.

We showed interest in the range of mid x,xxx in case if that happens. I have bought many domains that way after the sellers changed their mind and contacted me via PM due to my previous shown interest.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom