Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

where did all the lowballers come from?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Low $$,$$$ means at least 10K while you're offering 3.6K, which is a far cry from 10K.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seller is asking for offers from $1. and then stating a range of $xx,xxx. He's wasting his time and others time. He should have just stated only taking offers in $xx,xxx ranges.

Taking offers from $1, no BIN set yet but might set one if enough interest is shown ($xx,xxx)

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

OR he just wants free bumps with all the low ball offers.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Low $$,$$$ means at least 10K while you're offering 3.6K, which is a far cry from 10K.

exactly, my point

in those cases one should send those lowball offers via pm as not to encourage others to disrespect the sellers posted minimum.

using what some LLL.com sell for or have sold for, to justify posting an amount lower than the sellers posted minimum.....is no excuse.

especially if each domain is valued based on it's own merits

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I am not talking about current pricing. I have bought domains in low x,xxx when the initial price was mid xx,xxx to xxx,xxx range. I believe in reseller price range it is worth in mid x,xxx regardless of what the seller wants currently. People do drop their prices if don't sell at end user price range and the seller may change his mind in future.

The seller didn't give bid range to start with and in reseller market, a LLL.com is worth mid x,xxx range.

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

exactly, my point

in those cases one should send those lowball offers via pm as not to encourage others to disrespect the sellers posted minimum.

using what some LLL.com sell for or have sold for, to justify posting an amount lower than the sellers posted minimum.....is no excuse.

especially if each domain is valued based on it's own merits

The seller mentions the bids to start from $1 and why not mid x,xxx is good reseller offer.

Don't stuck on the current pricing. It changes depending how motivated a seller is. As I said, I bought many domains in low to mid x,xxx range when initial price was mid xx,xxx to xxx,xxx.
I am not end user and I have to make money from reselling domains. I am not here to give away my money.

PS: I didn't see the seller comment in the middle saying he wouldn't sell less than xx,xxx. If I saw that comment, wouldn't have offered it. The seller better made it clear in the top rather than in the middle of the thread because people like myself just look at the first post and final post to avoid wasting time.

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PS: I didn't see the seller comment in the middle saying he wouldn't sell less than xx,xxx. If I saw that comment, wouldn't have offered it. The seller better made it clear in the top rather than in the middle of the thread because people like myself just look at the first post and final post to avoid wasting time.

if everyone read like that, the world would be a smarter place :)

but i won't hold that against you

because most people don't actually "read" the contents of each post in a thread

they skim thru...which is why many may miss crucial points that are made within them

whether it be a sales thread or just one of general discussion

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seller is asking for offers from $1. and then stating a range of $xx,xxx. He's wasting his time and others time. He should have just stated only taking offers in $xx,xxx ranges.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

OR he just wants free bumps with all the low ball offers.

LOL fair enough.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
some recently posted offers in my sales thread:

150.org $50
9-8.com $100
svc.net $100

and one member even posted an offer that was lower, for the same domain which received a higher offfer, after i posted updates in the thread

so maybe they just "skimmed" thru a few posts and didn't actually "read" the update too

:rolleyes:

so do we need a "fundamental reading class"?

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't expect them to accept your counter offer or expect them to budge with their lowball offer. In their mind they probably think you can't find better offer than theirs. Lol

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just read Rick Schwartz's blog today and it may give insight into offers by domainers here.

Excerpt related to this thread.
We are selling to domainers. What are domainers looking for? They are looking for an undervalued domain that they believe has a value at a minimum 10x what they are buying it for. But more than that they are asking the $1 Million test question. Can this $10,000 domain really have a $1,000,000 value? That’s what they want. They want at a minimum to know there risk is low. The best way to do that is having really good domains that everyone knows are really good domains. That can be developed if they choose. That mean something.

Read the whole blog here =>Flaws with Domain Auctions and the Cure to Come!

Last edited:

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lowballers here think the seller doesn't know the market value and they think seller is always desperate for money when they post a sale thread.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just read Rick Schwartz's blog today and it may give insight into offers by domainers here.

Excerpt related to this thread.

Read the whole blog here =>Flaws with Domain Auctions and the Cure to Come!

Thanks for posting.

it's good that you read what he has to say, but i'm quite familiar with why such offers are made

i just wanna know where did all the lowballers come from?

Lowballers here think the seller doesn't know the market value and they think seller is always desperate for money when they post a sale thread.

i agree that a lot of domainers could "assume" that, and it may be the driving force behind most offers.

i could see that with buyers who don't know you, but for those that do....it's like a slap in the face

what bugs me, is that many offers don't seem to include what the "original" cost of acquisition was or would be, when submitting a bid.

it's like they expect you to sell for a loss

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I am not defending lowballers. But here in this forum, most are domainers and why should they buy domains at market value? They have to make money and they have to put effort to sell the domains etc... They would need to find deals here and they are supposed to do so. There is no reason domainers would buy domains at market value unless they are also end users. Domainers would want to get deals to make money and not here to give away their hard-earned money.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is no reason domainers would buy domains at market value unless they are also end users.

what is market value?

and which market are we talking about?

there is the reseller market

there is the aftermarket

and there is the end-user market

and most offers are coming in "below" reseller market values

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The fact we have a lot of sellers offering domains for $5-$25 each, contributes to the low-balling.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what is market value?

and which market are we talking about?

there is the reseller market

there is the aftermarket

and there is the end-user market

and most offers are coming in "below" reseller market values

I was addressing the previous post. Did you read that post? I suppose he meant normal market (end user market).

Yes, domainers would offer "below" reseller market values because the sellers want to negotiate and would end up reseller price range.

If they start with reseller market offers, they would end up buying more than reseller price range.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i have no problem with buying at bargain prices

but, what really is a bargain

if you buy a nnnn.com for $1500 now and hold it a few years and sell for $10k later, wasn't that a bargain too

had to go back and quote this from 2011

seeing as how nnnn.com are hitting $10K range now

:)

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sure biggie and wouldn't you like to have purchased a nnn.com in 2011? you would find some quite good 15k-20k even in 2010-2011. if you own one right now and did not pay so much for it back then you might even retire. the nnnn.com are not far behind as far as roi.

AEProgram

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Domainers are looking to resell and not develop. The moment someone lists a domain for sale in a domainer community and it takes forever to sell it already tells the story of what kind of gamble buying that domain is.

Top dollar is in most cases paid by end users not by domainers. Its like selling a home to a person looking to flip versus to someone looking to move in.

Sell to domainers if you are desperate for cash, if not hold out for end users.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators