Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Which tax form w-8eci or w-8ben?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Trying to fulfill the WWD tax form... Can somebody help me please?
The beneficial owner is not a US person e.g. one of the above forms should be used. It appears the only difference is "effectively connected with the conduct of a trade or business in the US".
Well, I have read the definition for that but with no success in sorting things out. Does it mean that if I send form w-8ben and subsequently I have even one sale to a US customer I'll have to send the other form w-8eci and obtain ITIN or EIN prior to that because they are required for the w-8eci form! What's your take?

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Obviously, there are no experienced WWD resellers here! :)

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maybe go with a different reseller that doesn't require the tax stuff

Finexe

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well, I contacted support repeated times to get them to help with filling in the form, well they always said the request is forwarded to the apropriate department, they never replied. At last I filled out the 8ben form, and sent it in and requested confirmation they now would not withhold any US tax, still no reply. I am going to call them.

ljnetwork

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Finexe said:
well, I contacted support repeated times to get them to help with filling in the form, well they always said the request is forwarded to the apropriate department, they never replied. At last I filled out the 8ben form, and sent it in and requested confirmation they now would not withhold any US tax, still no reply. I am going to call them.

I've been reselling at wwd for about 3 years now.. im pretty sure i filled out the 8ben form.. you can confirm that they have it on file through the resellerextranet.com website. I would have to agree with you with their response time, it is slack most of the times, have to wait at least 2 days usually for a reply...

Finexe

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ah yes, under tax information, above all the forms it says:

Your tax information is on file with us.

hardly noticable.

Btw, WWD only pay by US checks. So when you are enrolling, make sure you can cash out such checks, and how much the fee for cashing those out in your area. Here every check costs $70 to cash out as there is no easy way for the banks to verify the check is cleared.

ljnetwork

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Im in Australia and have to pay about $30 to deposit the cheque, i get the funds straight away. The whole process takes like 10mins for them to do... glad i only have to do it a few times a year! I wish they could pay via paypal.. now wouldnt that be great!

Finexe

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, I requested that too. They can't do it becasue of legal reasons they said, but will try to find a way to make it easier for foreign resellers in future. I am not sure what legal reasons they referred to though.

Finexe

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They also offerered to take back the check and give a bigger check next time.

promonde

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
They now takes PayPal payments so they really should be able to pay with PayPal too..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom