Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Why mindless hateful politics on DNForum?

dean

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Someone started a Politics discussion and now there are haters on the forum community. We have domains and websites as our commonality, and now that is being torn apart from BS politics. I can easily ignore, not follow and hide those discussions, but why? This is a business platform and should be moderated with some level terms to keep division out. These are times where a political side is so hostile and subversive on all sidea - we really should keep this crap on other platforms. I'm not going anywhere, and freedom of speech is very important. But is DNForum the place for politics?

Upvote 0

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As acknowledged by yourself: We give you the tools to ignore specific threads and even entire forums without ignoring the user. You can build your experience here which includes limiting your exposure to political discourse and even (dangerously) anything that you disagree with.

Perhaps if the community as a whole can stay just on the topic of domain name investing, to include development to internet marketing and beyond, we could shut all "off topic" discussions down.

However, humans inherently want to connect on different levels. We should allow the community to discuss what they want that is within reason in the public.

I'd like to note that a big board like Digital Point has a forum — not a thread — dedicated to politics and religion and it has nearly 12,000 threads. We wouldn't be the first internet-centric forum to allow political discussions, but to my knowledge we are the first that allows you to hide what you don't want to see.

Screenshot_20211019-160948_Chrome.jpg

What would you picture DNF as? Everything without The Watercooler or just no political discussion? What happens when politics clash with domaining; do we allow that?

Domain summit 2024

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like that there is a place for the vitriol and nastiness, particularly in these times, that often emanates from the political posts, to be confined and not spill over into the domain area of the forum.

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think any of my political post were hateful. Mostly funny but true. One was horrific but true. I didn't see anyone disagree. Neither were mindless.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No problem from me X… mine was just a general observation from what seems to happen

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I just wish there were more nasty comments about our bumbling Canadian prime minister. I can say I'm almost a bit jealous of the American political views I read here. I wish more Canadians were as vocal and maybe our poser of a prime minister would lose the next election.

Screenshot (2).png

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators