Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Would you list the .com & the .info equivalant for sale at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domonetise

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Recently i've been registering a few .coms & getting the .info equivalant for free. Would you list the .com & the .info equivalant for sale at the same time? I've also got a few .com with the .co.uk, .info, .net, .biz, .me etc equivalants.

Thanks.

vinsdomains.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It depends. If your selling to an end user, then it makes good sense to sell them as a package. Otherwise, most auctions will have you list seperately anyway, except for EBay, as an example, where you can list them grouped or individually. Try different ways and see what gives you the best results. Good luck!

Domonetise

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply vinsdomains. What I was thinking was, if I only listed the .com then I could get a better price as other ext would not be available.

Do you think I would have a better chance of a sale if the end user had the option to purchase the .co.uk, .info etc?

Cheers!

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would think that the end users would like them as a bundle, but mostly to firm the price of the com and protect a brand built on it,...but a reseller would only want the dot com, and wouldnt want the info.

Domonetise

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would think that the end users would like them as a bundle, but mostly to firm the price of the com and protect a brand built on it,...but a reseller would only want the dot com, and wouldnt want the info.

Thanks Mark, I've decided for now anyway that I'll list them all, but seperately with a note saying something like "Please contact me to purchase as a bundle".

Cheers..

mave1986

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It depends. If your selling to an end user, then it makes good sense to sell them as a package. Otherwise, most auctions will have you list seperately anyway, except for EBay, as an example, where you can list them grouped or individually. Try different ways and see what gives you the best results. Good luck!

I agree with this.. For someone other than end user, it would be burdening with options and making uneasy about the deal

Charles Sweeney

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you think I would have a better chance of a sale if the end user had the option to purchase the .co.uk, .info etc?

Yes, if the buyer's in the UK. It all depends on the prospect's requirements. When I make a site intended for a UK audience, I absolutely MUST have the .com and .co.uk

When I make a site intended for a world audience (the one in my sig for example) I'm only really interested in the .com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom