Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

wow, can this happen, i'm very biginner & newbie in this problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

refide

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hi,
the problem is: i found a lnl.com domain today in godaddy auction [an expired domain & auctioned by godaddy itself] & will end after 10 days, so i add my bid of $10 as a start [i was the first one to bid on it] but after a very short time another bidder added a $15 bid [the auction is public] so i added $5 more each time & found that the second bidder raised his bids [proxy bids] till the domain riched to $65 to him the second bidder, so i said i will wait for more days & cuz the auction will end after 10 days so a long time to see what will happen, but the surprise came:
i discovered now when i entered to the auction again that the auction ended & the domain sold to that second bidder but the auction will end after 10 days!!!!!!!! & i discovered that when entering the domain's website which was before "the parking godaddy site with the sign: this domain expired in .....etc"
now the website changed to another thing that will mean that the second bidder paid for his bid & bought it. & buy the way the bid expires is : 08/07/2010 11:08:00 AM (PDT) aug-07-2010 like what i said before after 10 days.
so is this a usual thing with the experts or what?

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
More than likely the original owner renewed the domain. If they renew it during the auction it will disappear, and even after the auction they have another 7 days to renew it before you actually get the domain your account.

Brad

refide

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
More than likely the original owner renewed the domain. If they renew it during the auction it will disappear, and even after the auction they have another 7 days to renew it before you actually get the domain your account.

Brad

hi,
oh i see.
thanks alot for your fast reply & have a nice day

Aon21

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Check the whois on the name rather than assuming the renewal theory is correct, refide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom