Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

www typo Trade mark workaround Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtsmith21

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
New here with some questions on the biz, so far this board has been a lifesaver and I plan on Joining up as soon as the first monthly check arrives. (no really...I promise :tounge_smile: )

Question:
I bought a porfolio that has several www. wwwbigcompany . com typos and and I am wondering what to do with them. Pretty much it's a blatent TM violation...but man they do get awesome traffic. Sooo.....

Do you think they would be less likely to come after me if I had a link right at the middle of the page stating this is not the bigcompany and here is the link to the big company. I could still get referrals and ad money from impressions and I am stating that I am not that bigcompany and here it is. Will something like that keep me in the clear?

If that won't work...and I decide to keep them...do you typicially just get a C & D letter and then you can take it offline, turn it over, etc or can they really come after you and hammer you with lawsuits and such?

Forgive the ignorance and thanks in advance...just wanting to do this correct from the start....

~JT

Domain Summit 2024
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom