Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Yahoo rejects Microsoft buyout offer as undervalued

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SAN FRANCISCO - Yahoo Inc. spurned Microsoft Corp.'s $44.6 billion takeover bid as inadequate Monday, betting that it can elicit a higher offer from the world's largest software maker or find another way to deliver a comparable payoff to its shareholders.

The rebuff by the slumping Internet pioneer had been widely anticipated after word of Yahoo's intention was leaked during the weekend.

In its formal response, Yahoo said its board had concluded Microsoft's unsolicited offer "substantially undervalues" the Sunnyvale-based company.

Yahoo indicated it could be lured to the negotiating table if Microsoft ups the ante, without mentioning the price it has in mind.

Read the entire article here:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080211/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_yahoo_25;_ylt=AvxpJvpVbsn5CgtBM6ZPHCSGOrgF

Its interesting to see how this will evolve. Will MS counteroffer?

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I smell Google.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yahookers are not clever- they waiting for m-soft to raise a bid, i predict m-soft will back off and aol will back off- everybody will back off and yhookers will drop back to where they came from or even lower after highly publicized rejection

they are not worth that- every clever investor know that

how many of you use yahoo mail or search - none- they are not progressive enough comparing to goog

rip yahoo

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is another interesting thing:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/2008021...80211182056;_ylt=Ak5TAiR_kqoIN7yLciwhxttk24cA

Google meanwhile has condemned Microsoft's effort as an attack on the independence of the Internet.

"Microsoft's hostile bid for Yahoo raises troubling questions," Google's chief legal officer David Drummond said in a written statement.

"This is about more than simply a financial transaction, one company taking over another. It's about preserving the underlying principles of the Internet: openness and innovation."

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm going to submit my bid later today...hope they accept ;)

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yahoo will just continue to die their slow death. Greed has gotten the better of them. This time next year when their situation is even worse than it is today they will probably jump at a new lower offer. That is especially true if the US economy continues to plummet and bring others with it.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Google meanwhile has condemned Microsoft's effort as an attack on the independence of the Internet.
Its chutzpah Google saying this as they have major marketshare on search and PPC...

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For anyone who owns YHOO, from a stock market perspective the stock could easily return from whence it came ($19) if MSFT deal falls thru and no one else comes forward...if i owned it i would consider it a gift horse right now :)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom