Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

appraise Yeppers.com

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

What do you think about this name?

Yeppers.com

Good one?

Yeppers or noppers?

Thx, Nick

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like it.

Put me down for a worst-comes-to-worst low offer.

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you!

I can't figure currently what I could ask for it.

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can't figure currently what I could ask for it.

Some domains can be appraised more easily than others. Maybe they fit with past sales. Or maybe they suggest obvious industries and business plans. Or maybe they're just junk. This domain isn't any of those things; so it's not that an appraisal is tricky so much as it is a case of an appraisal not really being very meaningful, practically speaking.

It's like this: Maybe someone will be interested enough in Yeppers.com to ask you for a price or make an offer. But that tells you literally nothing about their budget. And you'd have no way of knowing how focused they are on that one domain. Most likely they'd be interested in all sorts of names and just be considering Yeppers.com as an option. So if you push up against their budget much, then the average person will look for something cheaper. It's very unlikely that Yeppers.com will be the one domain somebody just can't imagine alternatives for.

You see what I mean?

So the appraisal for Yeppers.com is whatever you want to ask price-wise. Assume that you'll get maybe 1 inquiry per year. Most inquiries won't be serious enough to spend a lot or deal with aggressive negotiations. Basically, figure out what price you're comfortable saying "No" to and for how long.

I think low to mid $x,xxx would be possible for the ideal scenario of an end user with a substantial budget whose first choice brand name is "Yeppers". But how likely is that? Not very.

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First of all thank you very much for your appraisal. Need to say that it’s probably the best appraisal that was ever made for my domain. Appreciate it!

I understand your point of view and I agree with your thoughts. Even the possible value by you is the same as possible value by me ))

My main question was based on the fact that I’m not an American and this “slang” word is on US English.

I know it’s brandable, I know it has meaning and I know some people use it in conversation (at least Google says it J).

But is it a so called “old-fashioned” “word”? I mean young people don’t use it? What kind of people use it then? 30-40, 40-50 years old?

Thanks, Nick

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Yeppers" is something most Americans would understand, but in reality few people say it.

Honestly, "Yeppers" would only be said by people wanting to appear a bit ridiculous -- in other words, for humorous effect. The word is excessively cute. So I can imagine someone writing "Yeppers" as a funny way of saying "yes" on Facebook or via text message. But in real life? I can't remember anybody ever saying it seriously.

One example would be the American version of "The Office" (originally a British sitcom). The primary character is meant to be a bit of a buffoon. In one instance, he says "yeppers" for a laugh:

So Yeppers.com has a cutesy, weird tone. That would be its appeal. But "yeppers" is not a slang term that's much used except for self-satire.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom