Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

other Yesterday's sales on Bido.com

This is a discussion about another domain name register/company not listed.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bido.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
financialstabilityplan.com $28.00
freelancecontract.com & freelancecontracting.com package $28.00
dietassist.com $28.00
networktechnicianjobs.com (bp) $28.00
drugmyths.com $28.00
month.tv $35.00
footballsouvenir.com $55.00
equipmentauctions.net (acc) $250.00
effect.us $28.00
mobiliario.mx $120.00
debtsettlementplan.com $40.00
odr.in $35.00
b0u.net (acc) $38.00
superassassin.com (acc) $28.00

the above list were all sold on Bido.com yesterday.

(bp)-The BidoPrice was not met, but the seller accepted the high bid.
(acc)-This auction is an Accelerated Auction. Either the seller skipped the voting process by using Bido Credits, or a bidder placed a preliminary bid.
(bgp)-This item was initially submitted into the Bido Guarantee Program.

You can view the entire list of what's selling on Bido at this link: http://www.bido.com/SalesArchive

If you're interested in selling your inventory on Bido, it's free to list at this link: http://www.bido.com/SubmitDomains

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You ever wonder why Bido doesn't attract premium domains?, Take a look at the quality of these domains and the amounts they sold for and you'll figure out why.

Hard to believe this crap actually made it to auction.

financialstabilityplan.com $28.00
freelancecontract.com & freelancecontracting.com package $28.00
dietassist.com $28.00
networktechnicianjobs.com (bp) $28.00
drugmyths.com $28.00
month.tv $35.00
footballsouvenir.com $55.00
equipmentauctions.net (acc) $250.00
effect.us $28.00
mobiliario.mx $120.00
debtsettlementplan.com $40.00
odr.in $35.00
b0u.net (acc) $38.00
superassassin.com (acc) $28.00

the above list were all sold on Bido.com yesterday.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Raider, if these names are such 'cr~p' (as you so politely try to define them) sold in public auction then they are obviously not 'cr~p'! Just goes to show that your knowledge of domaining and business is entirely skewed away from the real world in which the rest of us live.

Well done to all the sellers and congratulations to all the buyers.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The real question is, what kind of buyers do attend Bido ?

I could very well see the majority of these names being dropped in the not too far future. They just don't seem to be enlightened purchases to me.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you think that's what lesser quality domains are selling for, imagine if you listed your higher quality domains. We're here for you to make the most of the platform.
We auction what's submitted, plain and simple. If you think we get good prices for those domains, ride the wave and list what you feel are your high quality domains.
This is the link to do that, we have a couple bulk listing tools, just click to start the listing wizard: http://www.bido.com/SubmitDomains

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well we've seen what happens with high-quality names, either they undersell or they don't meet reserve ie $3,333 for xxe.com - you can get higher offers on DNF. How come ?

I think we have some sort of chicken & egg situation here, sellers don't want to list good names because of lack of exposure, and buyers shun the place because quality is lacking. Also Bido is getting a reputation among domainers of being a place where no serious business takes place.

In terms of quality I think it's fair to say Bido is no different than domain forums where strong names are a minority too. At least Bido offers data in a more structured manner.
I'm trying to figure out where the added value lies (beside liquidity).
I think Bido has the infrastructure and potential to perform better, but the current business model is geared toward domainer to domainer sales, therefore it is bound to attract domains of that caliber.

PS: I'm just voicing an opinion as a buyer and potential user and this is meant to be constructive criticism.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, you too, BB : )

We had a big discussion on NP the other day about this, not sure if you saw it.

It really comes down to that if you would like to see good inventory, that starts with you. The sales history should be enough to see that we provide liquidity options to sellers.
Sellers who are looking to sell their inventory at prices that the community will agree are likely to sell have a high likelyhood for successful results on Bido vs anywhere else.

Everyone understands what constitutes value differently. Everyone has different ideas and visions for the domains, and will gauge value differently. To each their own, respectfully. However the proof about the market is in analyzing domains that are actually selling, day in and day out.

Estibot, for example, integrates with our sales results to fine tune their valuation algorithm.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Raider, if these names are such 'cr~p' (as you so politely try to define them) sold in public auction then they are obviously not 'cr~p'! Just goes to show that your knowledge of domaining and business is entirely skewed away from the real world in which the rest of us live.

What your saying is; If a domain receives a bid and sells, the fact that it sold means it cant be considered crap? :rolleyes: It' appears to me that it's your knowledge of domaining that's lacking here, not mine.

And BTW, did you know the $28$ selling price of these domains (7 in total) is the minimum starting bid? So 1 bid each, 1 person bids on crap and you assume the name has value... Amazing.

If you think that's what lesser quality domains are selling for, imagine if you listed your higher quality domains. We're here for you to make the most of the platform.
We auction what's submitted, plain and simple. If you think we get good prices for those domains, ride the wave and list what you feel are your high quality domains.

This is the link to do that, we have a couple bulk listing tools, just click to start the listing wizard: http://www.bido.com/SubmitDomains

The problem with submitting premium domains to Bido, is they get mixed in with a high percentage of low quality names... I think if you filter out the crap, quality domains will follow.

I'm not here to degrade Bido in any way, I happen to think Bido has a lot potential and I want the platform to succeed, I think you just need to improve on what you already have, For example; I like the idea of taking 10 votes to move a domain to auction,, but then, you have this option that defeats the purpose, It allows the seller to bypass the voting by paying a $8.88 credit, This must be how the crap is getting in.

And the Voters themselves could also be a problem, Voting for names they wouldn't otherwise Vote for to increase the chance of more sales, which in turn they earn a commission. "Votes for Cash" not a good thing if you ask me.

Well we've seen what happens with high-quality names, either they undersell or they don't meet reserve ie $3,333 for xxe.com - you can get higher offers on DNF. How come ?

I think we have some sort of chicken & egg situation here, sellers don't want to list good names because of lack of exposure, and buyers shun the place because quality is lacking. Also Bido is getting a reputation among domainers of being a place where no serious business takes place.

In terms of quality I think it's fair to say Bido is no different than domain forums where strong names are a minority too. At least Bido offers data in a more structured manner.
I'm trying to figure out where the added value lies (beside liquidity).
I think Bido has the infrastructure and potential to perform better, but the current business model is geared toward domainer to domainer sales, therefore it is bound to attract domains of that caliber.

PS: I'm just voicing an opinion as a buyer and potential user and this is meant to be constructive criticism.

Agree 100%!

Last edited:

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Raider I will not argue with you (I do not think it possible to debate with you) - the simple fact is you fail to see that the sold domains obviously had a value to at least one third party (the bidder).

I find it amazing how many people there are in the domaining industry who think they know everything and are the only true arbiters of value.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
A little irrelevant but i still can't believe it is pronounced BID-O. I always thought it was BYDO.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A little irrelevant but i still can't believe it is pronounced BID-O. I always thought it was BYDO.

Yeah but then they would have bought bydo instead of bido if they were the case i presume ?

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I realize it makes sense because of the "bid". I think my point is...i prefer saying bydo instead of bid-O

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I find it amazing how many people there are in the domaining industry who think they know everything and are the only true arbiters of value.
Let's talk about real value.
The breakdown of sales for 17 March is as follows:
14 sales
sum: $769
avg price: $54.92

And Bido gets a 10% cut right ?

No offense, but we are talking about the flea market here.
I have worries for Bido because I don't think you can sustain a business with paltry revenue like that.
The figures don't lie.

GeoOwners

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I sold a name on bido a few months ago for $1000. That was 3x what I paid 6 months ago. I also see some good developable names come through.

Some of you forget you can set a reserve if your not sure of your "premium" domain.

I don't get the logic of if 1 person paid $28 its a worthless domain. Many many top names in auctions have just 1 bidder.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SDSinc, I actually think they (the BIDO owners) are playing this very smartly indeed. They have not gone straight in against the 'Big Boys' in the industry, they have undercut Sedo for the lowest bid possible, they have manouvered themselves into a position where they can soon perhaps bring out a 'Premium Auction' - somewhere where specifically 'high valued' domains are on offer - and they are building an infrastucture and well known domain auction site to support such.

Of course it is not for a minnow like me to tell the Blue Whales of the industry how to run their businesses - but I can appreciate that they have developed an auction site that can (and I am sure will) take off like a jet climbing to altitude using its afterburner/s. The owners are hardly novices in the industry and they know there is a time and place to act and I am sure they will. (By the way every post we make about Bido of course helps them - something I am sure they are smiling about!)

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think that the founders are smart, but their business plan does not sound as smart to me. What do I know - I'm small fry too.
It could very well be that Bido found a niche.
But If I earned a tenth of $769 a day, it wouldn't take me a long time to figure out I'm in the wrong business.
I doubt Bido will be able to keep going for very long without making adjustments.
Mark my words.

Denny501

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"Beauty and domain value are in the eyes of the beholder" I believe. As a seller you always want the top$, but as a buyer the lower price gets your attention, so I think Bido has a market. Look at Go Daddys auctions, millions of domain listed, but very low sales % for what is listed. The premium domain for the most part are way over priced and the junk seems to carry a high price also. Sooner or later the domain market like all other markets will find its own level...until then I am enjoying a buyers market.......hang in there Bido!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators